Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

SOA didn't fix my clutch-shudder problem!

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#151 Guest_rtp373_*

Guest_rtp373_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2003 - 08:35 PM

Ferret - how does the clutch feel to you now? How long did it take to replace the parts?

Maybe I should start a new thread with the direct question.

#152 Guest_gucu_*

Guest_gucu_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2003 - 08:24 AM

So, does this apply to the Imprezza/OB Sport cars also? Mine is an '01 OB Sport, 2.2L.

#153 Guest_gucu_*

Guest_gucu_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2003 - 10:02 AM

Does anyone know if this fix relates to the Imprezza models also? Mine is a '01 OB Sport, 2.2L engine.
Thanks...

#154 Guest_Breaddrink_*

Guest_Breaddrink_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2003 - 11:00 AM

Exactly what is meant by clutch juddering?

If I understand correctly it's the surge forwards and back that you get when the clutch is bouncing around? Correct?

#155 Guest_rtp373_*

Guest_rtp373_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2003 - 10:22 AM

we've called it judder, shudder, studder, all the same.

Normally, when you let the clutch out, let's say at a stop sign, there's a soft, smooth acceleration forward.

When the shudder (or choose one above) occurs, the car will shake because the clutch is grabbing hard/slipping cyclically until it's all the way out. NOT smooth and some people have stalled or lunged forward unintentionally when it's really bad.

So far it's been the worst on cold, damp or humid days, but some people have complained under desert conditions.

Just scroll back thru the messages on this thread and you shall possess the knowledge.

RTP373

#156 Guest_ibis315_*

Guest_ibis315_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2003 - 04:23 PM

UPDATE

After a month of driving after getting the clutch serviced under the TSB, no problems :D

The judder always appeared in the morning when the weather was cold, but now it is no longer.

#157 Guest_Skip_*

Guest_Skip_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2003 - 05:45 PM

my 00 2.5 RS at 30kmi just started this "judder"

I went to the TSB site and it would not let me see the Impreza TSB

I would appreciate it if somebody could post it.

#158 Guest_ferret_*

Guest_ferret_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2003 - 06:20 PM

It IS posted. Subyroo did in the following thread. Just Print it out.
pub110.ezboard.com/fultim...7171.topic

#159 Guest_Skip_*

Guest_Skip_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2003 - 04:19 PM

Thats for the link Ferret, I tried and no go pink box be down or something, copy pasted the link still no go.
Am I the only one having this problem.
Maybe somebody could email me the .jpg of it?

Is that the America TSB or the OZ version?
I am in the good ol U.S. of A.

#160 Guest_ferret_*

Guest_ferret_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2003 - 04:34 PM

Skip, follow the link here, it was saved by another board user. PaganQWA

www.mnchopshop.org/images..._51_02.jpg

#161 Guest_Skip_*

Guest_Skip_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2003 - 05:01 AM

Thanks Ferret, worked great, will do as you say print it and take it with me.

#162 Guest_Stubaru_*

Guest_Stubaru_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2003 - 02:24 PM

Just had the replacement done to my '02 Legacy GT with 11,000 miles. It drove nicely from new up to about 3,000 miles, then the problem started, making the car horrible to drive. It's not the most forgiving or easiest clutch/tranny even when it's working fine, but the problem made the car unpleasant. I read about it and saw the Service Bulletin on this board, so I called my dealer and discussed it, asking them to have the listed parts in stock for my appointment. Of course, they chose not to do this, so I was stuck with their 8-year-old 120,000 mile loaner for a couple of days. The service manager gave me crap when I dropped it off, declaring they would only do the replacement if they could confirm the problem, stating that some people might try to get a free clutch. I explained that I had no motive, as my car is leased, and assumed the attitude that they would not confirm the problem. When they called to say they had confirmed it, I sort of felt like I had won a prize.
The car seems to be much better now, and I'll see if it holds up.

#163 Guest_bannergraphics_*

Guest_bannergraphics_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2003 - 06:40 AM

Subaru continues to scam us. Don't buy Subarus.

They replaced my clutch once. When the problem came back about 3K miles later I reported it to the dealer. They said Subaru had stopped fixing it but that I should continue to report the problem. I have reported it the problem faithfuly about every 10K miles driven. After the fix was posted here I called my dealer. They said they'd also received word about the fix from Subaru the previous week. However, both Subaru and my dealer said the car was now out of warranty and it wasn't their problem any more.

What a scam. This is awful public relations, terrible customer service and pathetic engineering. Anyone who wants all wheel drive should buy something else.

#164 Guest_meep424_*

Guest_meep424_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2003 - 03:32 PM

BG,

do you have dealer receipts showing your previous complaints from inside the warranty period? If you do, then the dealer should honor the complaint. Not sure if it's a law or not, but typically that's the game.

meep

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users