Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!
|Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.
We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!
Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!
1994 Subaru Loyale
Posted 02 October 2009 - 10:15 PM
Posted 02 October 2009 - 11:15 PM
how about just resealing it - it's $20 for the gasket, one oring and a seal.
as for replacing the oil pump, it's not that bad.
1. remove power steering/alt and other belts and clutch pulley on water pump (if equipped).
2. remove fans and radiator for your first attempt at this.
3. remove oil dipstick tube.
4. remove crank pulley (22mm socket, VERY TIGHT - you'll need air tools or a breaker bar or a 3 foot pipe to put over the end of your socket handle - or use the starter trick).
5. remove timing covers (and throw them away!!!! i don't reinstall them).
6. remove timing belts
7. remove 5 10mm oil pump bolts.
make sure crank pulley is REALLY tight.
over on the subaruxt.com forum we have hte actual Subaru FSM (Factory Service Manual) that details every single step and has pictures too. you should down load that and read through the oil pump replacement section. the 4 cylinder Subaru XT has the same engine as your loyale. THere are a few minor differences, none of which you'll see doing hte timing belt and oil pump. all of that is identical.
Edited by grossgary, 02 October 2009 - 11:18 PM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users