Ultimate Subaru Message Board

in what other cars might you find a weber 32/36?

I'll add to this one. Some early Ford's used a VERY similar carb - it's actually a Weber 32/36 DFEV. Uses a different air cleaner (ovalish opening), but uses the same adaptor plate as the DGEV. There are some other slight differences, but the carbs even use the same rebuild kit. It's basically a mirror image of the carb, with a different air cleaner. The air filters (that look just like the ones we use for the DGEV) are availible through EMPI, and everything else should work. The early ford 2.3L engines found in rangers, and I think some pinto's had these stock from the factory. AND best of all, they are jetted correctly for our 1.8's (go figure - very crappy 2.3L I guess...).

GD

Yes - the throttle linkage is on the other side on a DFEV. This shouldn't cause any real problem on an EA81 - EA82 I don't know about, but I think it can be made to work at the worst. As I said - the carb is a mirror image - everything is opposite, but the same rebuild kit works for both - they use the same jets - same adaptor plates, and a very similar (but not the same) air filter. The beutiful thing is that these came stock on early ford's, and can be found MUCH easier at JY's. So for the little added issues like the throttle linkage and the air filter, it's worth it to save a couple hundred $$.

GD