Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

in what other cars might you find a weber 32/36?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 the sucker king

the sucker king

great fisherman

• Members
  • 1,879 posts
  • Lyons, Colorado

Posted 31 January 2004 - 02:31 AM

as far as at the junkyard, what makes and models (and years) of cars are worth looking under the hoods of for a weber that would work on our cars?

#2 VaporTrail

VaporTrail

Brattitude Adjustment

• Administrator
  • 11,146 posts
  • Central Iowa

Posted 31 January 2004 - 02:44 AM

Opel, BWM 2002, Jeeps,

check eBay out for the used webers and see what they came off of ....

#3 skeet

skeet

Human

• Members
  • 565 posts
  • Earth

Posted 31 January 2004 - 02:54 AM

Some Rangers too right?

#4 Qman

Qman

Happiness is... no lag!!

• 11,113 posts
  • Sumner

Posted 31 January 2004 - 03:15 AM

Nissans/Datsuns, Capri's, Mustangs just about any small engined vehicle will have the chance of someone adding a Weber to it.

#5 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,279 posts
  • Portland

Posted 31 January 2004 - 10:58 AM

I'll add to this one. Some early Ford's used a VERY similar carb - it's actually a Weber 32/36 DFEV. Uses a different air cleaner (ovalish opening), but uses the same adaptor plate as the DGEV. There are some other slight differences, but the carbs even use the same rebuild kit. It's basically a mirror image of the carb, with a different air cleaner. The air filters (that look just like the ones we use for the DGEV) are availible through EMPI, and everything else should work. The early ford 2.3L engines found in rangers, and I think some pinto's had these stock from the factory. AND best of all, they are jetted correctly for our 1.8's (go figure - very crappy 2.3L I guess...).

GD

#6 Mike W

Mike W

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 31 January 2004 - 11:35 AM

I'll add Mazda's, Chevy Luv trucks, Toyotas, VWs, etc, etc. In otherwords, just about any import and lots of domestic vehicles too. There's usually tons of them on Ebay. Try searching for just the words "Weber" and "32/36". Happy hunting.

#7 Rossta86

Rossta86

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Northern VA (Woodbridge)

Posted 31 January 2004 - 01:23 PM

GD, on the DFEV is the throttle linkage on the opposite side of the dgev?

#8 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

• Members
  • 20,279 posts
  • Portland

Posted 31 January 2004 - 05:08 PM

Yes - the throttle linkage is on the other side on a DFEV. This shouldn't cause any real problem on an EA81 - EA82 I don't know about, but I think it can be made to work at the worst. As I said - the carb is a mirror image - everything is opposite, but the same rebuild kit works for both - they use the same jets - same adaptor plates, and a very similar (but not the same) air filter. The beutiful thing is that these came stock on early ford's, and can be found MUCH easier at JY's. So for the little added issues like the throttle linkage and the air filter, it's worth it to save a couple hundred $$.

GD

#9 XSNRG

XSNRG

• Members
  • 3,657 posts
  • Olympia

Posted 31 January 2004 - 10:47 PM

Yep, I saw one on a B2600 Mazda truck once.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users