Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

99 legacy GT motor swap?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 99gtott

99gtott

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • chico ca

Posted 04 October 2009 - 04:38 PM

I need to swap out my 2.5 5-sp. with a 2.2 auto motor. wondering if i can use the same ecu, flywheel, exhaust ect... anything else i should consider or be prepared for? I guess i'm wondering if this is a pretty straight swap? and where can i find out how to read the 2.2 engine code to see what year it's out of. it's (584116583045) Thanks for everything!

#2 davebugs

davebugs

I don't "friend"

• Members
  • 3,112 posts
  • Pittsburgh suburbs (NE)

Posted 04 October 2009 - 04:47 PM

Welcome.

Use the search function.

Common swap.

As far as the year of the donor engine. As long as it has EGR you need to look at the exhaust to see if it's a 95 (dual port - like your 2.5) or later with a single port exhaust. If it's a single you'll need the matching Ypipe.

Other than that is basically whether the 2.2 is interference and sometimes plumbing for vacuum lines. I put itming belts, etc on them before installation.

But you may want to update your location with something useful. There may be a helpful member near you who has already done this.

But lots and lots here using the search about this.

#3 99gtott

99gtott

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • chico ca

Posted 04 October 2009 - 05:00 PM

Thanks for the info, does anyone know how to find out what year a motor is by the numbers on it? Is there a chart or search somewhere? thanks again

#4 ninjaben43

ninjaben43

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • Kingston, wa

Posted 10 October 2009 - 10:13 AM

pics would help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users