Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WRX Nardi steering wheel on a 91 Legacy?

Guest KGB4187

I can get a JDM GC8 WRX Nardi steering wheel for a good price, but I have a few questions. Has anyone done this before? Is the horn wiring (theres no airbag) just plug and play? And how hard is it to change wheels? Since the new one doesnt have the cruise control, I'd keep my old wheel incase I ever went on a trip where I'd need CC, since I never use it. Thanks :)

Normally you need the adapter kit for your specific vehicle...(the steering wheel manufacturer could supply it). Once you get that, the horn should work. you will need to get your hands on a steering wheel puller. Don't even think of trying to get the wheel off by prying,banging or whacking,(personal experience).

A puller should cost you no more than $15-20.

Guest LeoneTurbo

The Japanese WRXs and Legacy Turbo / TwinTurbo vehicles were equipped with MOMO or Nardi steering wheels on the airbag-less models. They do not require hub adapters, as they are complete steering wheels, ready to fit. However, if the Impreza steering hub splines are identical to the Legacy splines, I do not know. If you find out, please post!