Ultimate Subaru Message Board

strongest, easiest, most common peugeot rim for quick lift?

could someone suggest the strongest, easiest, most common peugeot rim for quick lift on an '86 brat?

something i can just bolt up and roll on (no modifications, add-ons, etc).

something not too weird when it comes to buy tires...

14" or 15"?

it seems like a nice, simple solution for some clearance: but does adding these rims cause any problems?

thanks for any advice or insight,

andrew

Any 14 or 15 inch Puegot wheel will work just fine

It's all up to what you want for tires, and how much hammering you're willing to do on the body.

It sounds like none from your post, so that REALLY limits you to what tires you'll be able to run. The smaller the tire size the less likely you'll be able to find something very agressive. You really need to get up around the 205/55/15 (even that range still isn't very agressive) range before anything very agressive at all starts to open up, and at that size, you'll probably need to trim your fenders a bit. If you really want any kind of Mud Terrain, or something that agressive; you're going to need 215/65/14 or bigger, and that's going to take some modification on a stock height vehicle.

You may get lucky if you keep your eye out, and find some old one offs that are pretty agressive, but, you're just not going to find many agressive tires under 27" tall. That's just the way it is, and the main reason so many people have done lifts.

FAQ in the offroad section would probably be good bet for you.........

could someone suggest the strongest, easiest, most common peugeot rim for quick lift on an '86 brat?

something i can just bolt up and roll on (no modifications, add-ons, etc).

something not too weird when it comes to buy tires...

14" or 15"?

it seems like a nice, simple solution for some clearance: but does adding these rims cause any problems?

thanks for any advice or insight,

andrew

Any 14 or 15 inch Puegot wheel will work just fine

It's all up to what you want for tires, and how much hammering you're willing to do on the body.

It sounds like none from your post, so that REALLY limits you to what tires you'll be able to run. The smaller the tire size the less likely you'll be able to find something very agressive. You really need to get up around the 205/55/15 (even that range still isn't very agressive) range before anything very agressive at all starts to open up, and at that size, you'll probably need to trim your fenders a bit. If you really want any kind of Mud Terrain, or something that agressive; you're going to need 215/65/14 or bigger, and that's going to take some modification on a stock height vehicle.

You may get lucky if you keep your eye out, and find some old one offs that are pretty agressive, but, you're just not going to find many agressive tires under 27" tall. That's just the way it is, and the main reason so many people have done lifts.

thanks

just so i'm clear though, I can run more typical/less aggressive (snows) on Peugeot rims without body or other modifications/problems/needs, yes?

I had 195/75/R14's on my '89 GL wagon, and only minor rubbing issues. Anything larger than that, and you'd need some modifications.... I also stuck them on my '82 wagon and they looked about the same, but it doesn't have an engine, so I couldnt' actually try it out.