Ultimate Subaru Message Board

will this work? and im looking for a certain someone!

http://www.suberdave.com/subaru/Leone/flex/index.htm

right, ive been sent this link, and i recognise the car its on is off here as well, would this conversion, using this proceedure, work on a EA81 brat? or do they have a different setup to the EA82?, im guessing its an impreza strut setup that this has been converted to, and hence the fitment of the adj. coilovers

otherwise, whats close? and can someone please forward me to this guy! lol!

Edited by backinbrat

Coilovers are actually off of an 05+ Legacy GT.

This gives you the modern impreza/legacy style front camber adjustable knuckle connections, and keeps the simple rear lower mount.

In order to run those coilovers in the front, you'll have to convert to the modern knuckles. Which means upgrading to the modern brakes, losing your ebrake. There are some ideas for moving this to the rear.

For fitting the modern knuckles to an brat, you will need to drill out the ball joint hole in the control arm, so you can fit the modern EJ ball joint. Once that is fitted, you can attach the knuckle, and find a way to mount the top of the strut to the brat. I can tell you that the camber plates that come with most 05+ LGT coilovers WILL NOT fit up into the strut tower on a brat, but GC/GD ones will.

The hardest part of going 5 lug in a EA81 is finding an axle solution for the front axle. However, if you stay RWD, just throw and axle stub through the front, and call it good.