Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Bill Omlin Monster Lifts

Hey ya'll, Im getting more orgabized now and Im starting to get back into production mode with my lift kits. Right now I am ready to produce 2", 4", and 6" lifts for EA82 and EA81 vehicles, and Im working on some 3" prototypes as well. I also hope to soon be able to make Legacy/Outback lift kits as well, in addition to Gen 1 lifts. I can also make strut blocks in any size you want, from 2" to 20" or more :brow: Here are some pics of my protoype 3" EA81 lift kit, a pair of 4" strut blocks, as well as a few vehicles that are sporting a Bill Omlin Monster Lift. I will have more pics of my other lifts up soon, I suck when it comes to taking pictures, and I forget to take pics before installing or shipping out a kit, but I will have more pics soon. These parts are in bare metal, but i can paint them just about any color you want. All kits come with all new Grade 8 mounting bolts, and soon I will be including all new Grade-8 equivelant hardware as well. My kits do not include the steering link, so you will have to make that yourself, for liability reasons. Thanks for looking, and be sure to come back when I get more pics up!

10-16-09_2211.jpg

10-16-09_2212.jpg

10-16-09_1641.jpg

10-16-09_1640.jpg

6" lifted '85 GL wagon

10-15-09_1717.jpg

6" lifted EA81 wagon

10-15-09_1719.jpg

6" lifted '87 GL wagon

100_0049.jpg

3" lifted '85 Brat

100_0156.jpg

6" lifted EA81 Hatchback

DSCN1088.jpg

6" lifted '87 GL wagon

BIGSUBARU001.jpg

6" lifted '85 GL wagon/truck thing

IMG00192.jpg

4" lifted EA82 Sedan

DSCN3458.jpg

4" lifted EA82 wagon

09-02-09_1857.jpg

-Bill

Edited by The Beast I Drive
  • Like 1

Thanks Bratman18, yes, I do make and offer other parts as well, such as the power steering bracket kit (allows the use of EA82 power steering setup on an EA81 motor)

Now here's my prototype 3" EA82/Loyale lift kit :banana:

100_0115.jpg

100_0120.jpg

100_0121.jpg

100_0122.jpg

This is what I would call a Stage 2 3" lift, it uses 2" blocks on the crossmembers and diff, and 3" blocks on the struts, giving you 1" extra clearance over a Stage 1 lift (which would be everything blocked 3")

As you can see, the EA82 lift kits have about 2 1/2x more pieces than a similar EA81 lift kit. This kit will sell for $300 with a rear diff bar core, $350 without the core. Plus shipping of course :)

More to come, stay tuned!

-Bill

Hey ya'll, Im getting more orgabized now and Im starting to get back into production mode with my lift kits. Right now I am ready to produce 2", 4", and 6" lifts for EA82 and EA81 vehicles, and Im working on some 3" prototypes as well. I also hope to soon be able to make Legacy/Outback lift kits as well, in addition to Gen 1 lifts. I can also make strut blocks in any size you want, from 2" to 20" or more :brow: Here are some pics of my protoype 3" EA81 lift kit, a pair of 4" strut blocks, as well as a few vehicles that are sporting a Bill Omlin Monster Lift. I will have more pics of my other lifts up soon, I suck when it comes to taking pictures, and I forget to take pics before installing or shipping out a kit, but I will have more pics soon. These parts are in bare metal, but i can paint them just about any color you want. All kits come with all new Grade 8 mounting bolts, and soon I will be including all new Grade-8 equivelant hardware as well. My kits do not include the steering link, so you will have to make that yourself, for liability reasons. Thanks for looking, and be sure to come back when I get more pics up!

-Bill

Bill,

You make Gen I Kits? I am about ready to get a Kit for my 1980 Brat. What sizes do they come in for Gen 1 and how much do they sell for?

Thanks.

-Daniel

Bill,

You make Gen I Kits? I am about ready to get a Kit for my 1980 Brat. What sizes do they come in for Gen 1 and how much do they sell for?

Thanks.

-Daniel

I dont have a Gen 1 kit as of yet, but Im hoping to have a couple of 4" kits made by Christmas, Im planning on having 2", 3", 4", and 6" kits for the Gen 1 Subarus. Price for those will probably be about the same as the EA81 kits, but I will have more details when I get to that point.

-Bill

I dont have a Gen 1 kit as of yet, but Im hoping to have a couple of 4" kits made by Christmas, Im planning on having 2", 3", 4", and 6" kits for the Gen 1 Subarus. Price for those will probably be about the same as the EA81 kits, but I will have more details when I get to that point.

-Bill

Great, I vote for a 4" Kit.

your kits like like they are very well made.

-Daniel

• 2 weeks later...

Here are my offerings for 2" lift kits :banana:

This is the Stage 1 kit. 2" blocks on all the body mounting points, 2" blocks on the front and rear struts. This one is $200 +shipping w/mustache bar core, $250 without a core

10-27-09_1618.jpg

10-27-09_1619.jpg

And here is the simplest, quickest, easiest way to gain clearance on your EA82/Loyale, the Stage 3 2" lift. This is $100 +shipping

10-27-09_1621.jpg

10-27-09_1623.jpg

The front blocks are cut at 18 degrees, so you should have no camber issues.

10-27-09_1622.jpg

Available in any solid/common color you want. Thanks!

-Bill

Edited by The Beast I Drive

I will be getting set up for EJ lifts over the course of this fall/winter, Ill let it be known when I am ready to sell them :)

-Bill

were you the guy with the homemade coupe RWD at WCSS11? if so i had the gold 01 legacy. would you need a car to make the ej lift with?

were you the guy with the homemade coupe RWD at WCSS11? if so i had the gold 01 legacy. would you need a car to make the ej lift with?

I was the guy with the rusty, red Gen 1 Brat... I have a platform to start with, and I have a car to test my first kit on. The ones I have will be for Gen 1 and Gen 2 Legacy/Outbacks, I dont know if the 01's are different or not...

-Bill

• 2 months later...

I need 4 inch struts for my wagon I am scared I cant do it right I have a 4 inch crossmember lift and 4inch strut the struts are straight up and down I need to fix this problem its killing my swampers any pics or help would be cool it is my daily driver I would order some from you but I kinda need to fix this tommorow I have 3 days to do it. I remember you telling me 12 degrees is that total I noticed in the pic they seem to be turned to please help thanks

Mike

Hello Bill, i am the in uk and struggling to get a lift kit for my brat. i want to lift it 4" and would like to buy the whole kit from you to do so, your kit looks a lot more substantial than any other i've seen. i can make the steering extension no problems as i have a transmission company. Could you send a kit to the uk? how much including shipping? do you have the kit off the shelf or do i need to wait?

thanks in advance,

Tom Cresswell

At the moment I don't have any on the shelf, and I have a few orders I have to fill first, but I can let you know when I have one for you. Shipping to UK I don't know about, last time I shipped a kit international I had a hell of a time, and it was expensive, and it was only to Canada... But I will see what I can do

-Bill

At the moment I don't have any on the shelf, and I have a few orders I have to fill first, but I can let you know when I have one for you. Shipping to UK I don't know about, last time I shipped a kit international I had a hell of a time, and it was expensive, and it was only to Canada... But I will see what I can do

-Bill

It seems to me that there's a cleverer way of doing this, could I paypal you an amount of money for a fax of the plans for a 3" lift kit? I could get my solicitor to send you a guarantee that they will be destroyed after I have made one kit and that I will not market them as I have no interest in doing so. (I bought my brat on friday and trying to find spares has led me to believe there's only a handful in the UK anyway so it wouldn't be much of a business venture!)

My company is Glebe Engineering Ltd, http://www.glebe.co.uk, you can see that off roading etc is not in our interest business wise, i've bought a brat as i race enduros on a ktm and carrying the bike on a frame on my little peugeot 206 van up craggy lanes is killing the axle!!

let me know if this is of any interest.

Tom

THAT is just frickin' AWESOME! The newspaper is a nice touch. :lol:

Frankly, though, I wonder if a Transit van wouldn't be a more appropriate choice. I don't think a BRAT will complain overly much at the weight, but it seems to me that the Transit van offers a nicer place to work between races.