Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

EJ22 Swap in my GL10 problems

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 R4C

R4C

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:39 AM

Well first off has anyone messed with a swap iin a gl10 with digital dash ? tach,temp? I am also having a problem with the car when it runs for awhile, it dies & then I can restart it & it will be fine . somtimes it also seems it get starved for fuel or almost like the car is running on two spark plugs . Then I yurn it off & back on again , then its fine. the swap was done right by northwest ralley Sports ,We got it running and I ran out of $

#2 subiekid

subiekid

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Coeur d'Alene

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:18 AM

When it runs, does it run good/normal? Do you own a fuel pressure gauge?

You need to do exactily what I need to do, look at what the ecu see's. I think the non turbo version works now but check it out to be sure. Here is a link to a very simple scantool that uses the select monitor wiring (it doesn't matter if you chopped that connector off the wires you need come out of the ecu).

For the tach and temp gauge you need to find the cluster wires in your gl10 and hook the tach up to the tach wire (no difference 4cyl is a 4cyl) For the temp my understanding is you can hook the wire straight to your dash but the reading will be off. I remember reading about wiring in a resistor to correct it, do an "ej swap" search and you should find what you need.

There are numerous FSM scans around between here and legacycentral, if you can't find what you need about the cluster wires I have a 88 FSM I could scan for you as well as alldata and mitchell info.

Here is that link in case it didn't work:
http://bbs.legacycen...pic.php?t=16219

#3 R4C

R4C

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 20 October 2009 - 12:20 PM

Yea , It starts , Runs, Performs Great ! It's just when I run it for awhile it acts up . I then turn the key off and about 5-10 sec later turn the key on and I'm Off. The Guy who installed it seems to think the fuel pump is overheating , So I was going to install a legacy pump ??

#4 subiekid

subiekid

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Coeur d'Alene

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:49 PM

I don't like throwing parts at things with out knowing they are bad, but to each their own... the fuel pump sounds like a easy cheap thing to try to me.

#5 KristjanJohann

KristjanJohann

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Reykjavik, Iceland

Posted 22 October 2009 - 02:53 PM

Yea , It starts , Runs, Performs Great ! It's just when I run it for awhile it acts up . I then turn the key off and about 5-10 sec later turn the key on and I'm Off. The Guy who installed it seems to think the fuel pump is overheating , So I was going to install a legacy pump ??

the legacy pump is in tank, so i would rather go with a aftermarket unit

#6 R4C

R4C

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:06 PM

Thanks, aftermarket it is

#7 suberdave

suberdave

www.suberdave.com

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • Covington

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:20 PM

you can buy the welbro 255lph in line pump for right around $100 and it works awesome and you will never run out of fuel...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users