Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Outback TCU into my lego

99lego

Ok so I'm lifting my 99 leg wag.....outback struts, my leg's springs, new perches, engine blocks.......

I'm running on my stock 15" alloys, but, I've got a set of 16"s off of a Forrester and I'm looking to go onto some 205's I hope. Bumpers are coming off so there won't be any interference there.....

My question is this:

With bigger tires my speedo go's off I loose economy etc...

What about a TCU from a donor OB? I hear this fixes speedo issues .... But is it plug & play? Do I need a TCU from a 2.2 OB as my Lego is a 2.2 or will a TCU from a 2.5 OB work fine?

Suggestions are welcome!

I don't think TCU fixes tire size/speedometer being off issues. I need to hear more about that if it's the case, sounds interesting.

I wouldn't think you need to swap TCU's, I think it'll run just fine.

I've interchanged 2.2 and 2.5 TCU's without noticing any difference so if you decide to change it probably won't make much difference. I'd lean towards the 2.2 if you have a choice, particularly considering not just engine size but the 2.5 auto's got the 4.44 gears.

I don't think TCU fixes tire size/speedometer being off issues. I need to hear more about that if it's the case, sounds interesting.

I wouldn't think you need to swap TCU's, I think it'll run just fine.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=96864&page=4

post # 37

I'm just interested in getting the speedo to compensate for the larger tire size.... I'm not trying to fry my ecu..... Anybody?