Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Accelerator cable for Loyale

I called a half dozen auto parts stores and looked at Rockauto. I can't find one for my '91 loyale,anywhere. It's not that they'r out.They are saying they can't get them. NAPA doesn't have it listed,either. I can go to the wrecking yard,but wanted to buy new.

Anybody got a source for a new throttle cable? Other than the dealer.

Well, nothing worked. I went to Schucks to pick up my new cable and it was diffrent. The end that attaches to the gas pedal on mine,'91 loyale, is a lead ball with a white poly bushing. The one Schucks had for a '89GL has a barrel style attachment like the other end that connects to the throttle body,but a little bigger.

I called the dealer,too. They couldn't find one listed specifically for the '91 loyale:confused: And,the one they could get was also for the XT,all GL's and pretty much everything dating back to 1980. So,basically the same thing Schucks had. I think,anyway.

I'm heading to the wrecking yard tomorrow. See what the deal is with these cables. I know the yard I have been going to lately pretty much has at least one of every model Subaru has made in the last 20 yrs. Except a brat.

Well.I went to the yard and every ea82 vehicle there,regardless if it was a XT,GL or Loyale has the throttle cable with the lead ball and poly bushing on the pedal end.

So,the one everybody is trying to sell me,big barrel lug on one end small barrel lug on the other, is incorrect. That one is absolutly for a ea81.

So,here's what I have decided. New loyale throttle cables don't exist.:confused:

It's likely this one:

SOA Part #737065251

$13.25 from subaruparts.com

That might be the EA81 part though - there seems to be some superceeded part numbers thrown into the mix.

I've done SPFI conversions to EA81's and the EA81 throttle cable works just fine. I think they are more-or-less interchangable.

GD

Edited by GeneralDisorder