Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Finally Done

ok well i finally finished my STB, ive been soo lazy latley and been going to gym so i havent had any time. so if anyone is intrested PM or e-mail me and we can work out pricing, i have ether 1inch steel tubing or 1inch solid round stock to choose from, and strait peaces only, unless i do a triangle and you bolt it into the firewall.

486505_32_full.jpg

486505_30_full.jpg

486505_31_full.jpg

486505_33_full.jpg

486505_34_full.jpg

486505_35_full.jpg

486505_37_full.jpg

486505_37_full.jpg

486505_39_full.jpg

so if you intrested please contact me. also the one i made with the round tube only weights about 3LBS, IF THAT MUCH!!

i'm sorry to have to say this but that won't work well as a STB. You have it mounted to the ears for the spare tire holder, which aren't designed to hold a lot of stress.. the mounts on the strut towers will just warp.

You'll need to use at least two and preferably all three strut tower bolts to attach the braces for a STB. the idea about bracing it to the firewall is something you should pursue. good luck.

calebz, well from what i can find on the UPS web site is only over night and like 2nd day, so ill have to find something else to check, but the dismentions are 36X2X2 and about 3lbs. im guessing about $10 to ship, thats just shootin form the hip.

baccruda, thats true, i didn't really think about that, then i guess i will just stiffen them up, or take the cut-off wheel to them, weld on a larger plate into the brackets on the STB and then bolt it to the tower itself.

or figure something else out.

plus im thinking of making a new one, but using the solid core round stock in 1inch, may weight more, but less flex, plus it would be stronger, and easier to weld.

or use the square tubing i got. who knows, if anyone has sugestion please step forward.

Thanks,

Shean

ShawnW, i would, but wouldn't the bolts for the struts then be too short to put the nots back on, or what are those three bolts for.

i was just thinking of making one that mounts to the side of the strut tower be the battery, the front of it facing the headlights, then tie it into the back or top also and triangulate it to ether the bolt whole where the stock spare hold down screws into and have a peice of flat car there and bolt to that.

what do you think?