Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Coupe Badge Restoration

I have a GL-10 badge that need resto, but there is no way I can reproduce the chrome. It will probobly just be silver :(

looks good btw

I found a place in Canada to do my chrome and gold pieces, but it is not cheap. I was one badge still available through Subaru, that was that badge around the lock on the trunk. You can still get the SUBARU badges for the front fenders, but on my Turbo oupe, they are gold, the only one that you can get are chrome.

I have a GL-10 badge that need resto, but there is no way I can reproduce the chrome. It will probobly just be silver :(

looks good btw

You can use silver leaf. You can buy a "book" at any major craft store, like AC Moore or Michael's. It's a super thin sheet of silver and a liquid that you paint on and let dry to tack. Then gently lay the leafing over it and tamp it down.

Try it on a junk piece of plastic to get the feel of the leafing... it's extremely delicate and wrinkles easily. I put clear coat over it and it's held up for over 2 years now. It's way cheaper than having them rechromed and looks pretty good. Good luck!