Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Bklu makes new friends

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,623 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 28 October 2009 - 06:20 PM

Maybe we need a trip report subset?

Blu makes new friends, Custer State Park, Black Hills, South Dakota
Posted Image

Posted Image

Mom in a "Don't you DARE open this window" moment
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Full Set

Why i love a subaru? I would NEVER take any other with 255,000 miles plus on it, with my 80 year old mother, on a 3895 nine day trip to see her great grandchildren in any other car with that miles.

nipper

Edited by nipper, 28 October 2009 - 06:45 PM.

#2 RAugur33

RAugur33

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Portland

Posted 28 October 2009 - 06:35 PM

You should send the picture of your mother to Drive magazine, they like to publish that type of thing.

#3 porcupine73

porcupine73

Obligate carnivore

• Members
  • 4,999 posts
  • Buffalo, NY

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:00 PM

haha that's great. Those donkeys just want a treat and to have their bellies rubbed. Yah those Subaru magazines would love content like that. They probably give some nice Subaru swag or coupons or something for that sort of thing too.

You have some ham radios or something in Blu there nipper with all those antennas? Also like the first pic showing the rear fog lamp, nice.

Edited by porcupine73, 28 October 2009 - 07:04 PM.

#4 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,623 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:04 PM

haha that's great. Those donkeys just want a treat and to have their bellies rubbed. Yah those Subaru magazines would love content like that. They probably give some nice Subaru swag or coupons or something for that sort of thing too.

You have some ham radios or something in Blu there nipper with all those antennas?0

That other antenna is something in the background. Blu only has the pwr antenna and a CB.

nipper

#5 porcupine73

porcupine73

Obligate carnivore

• Members
  • 4,999 posts
  • Buffalo, NY

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:06 PM

In that last pic Blu looks like he really wants to get off that dirt roadway and into some more muck. haha mom is like if you roll this window down and this donkey licks my face you are in big trouble.

#6 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,623 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:15 PM

In that last pic Blu looks like he really wants to get off that dirt roadway and into some more muck. haha mom is like if you roll this window down and this donkey licks my face you are in big trouble.

I had four apples in the car to hand feed them. They really are gentle creatures, known as "moochers". They have to look inside the car to make sure there is no food. That is all he (she?) wanted to do. He held his ground untill i moved the car. I did feed the others. He (i have video) also found Blu tasty, as he kept licking Blu. I'm thinking it was from the road salt.

Yes she did say something like that.

I also have video of us in a heard (literally) of Buffalo. For obvious reasons I did not get out of the car for pics of that, as they were huge and had babies.

nipper

#7 porcupine73

porcupine73

Obligate carnivore

• Members
  • 4,999 posts
  • Buffalo, NY

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:23 PM

That is a nice adventure. Glad Blu made it through having the paint cleaning without trouble. Hand feeding apples to Buffalo could be a problem. There is Buffalo or maybe thy're Bison farmer near my house, he has a couple dozen out there each year, and yah, I don't relaly think about tgetting out to pet them or rub their bellies.

#8 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,623 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:31 PM

That is a nice adventure. Glad Blu made it through having the paint cleaning without trouble. Hand feeding apples to Buffalo could be a problem. There is Buffalo or maybe thy're Bison farmer near my house, he has a couple dozen out there each year, and yah, I don't relaly think about tgetting out to pet them or rub their bellies.

They REALLY are not petable. i went through there one year by motorcycle and got chased by a Bull (Buffalo). They can MOVE! Aparently he didnt like the sound the starter made.

Yes they are not the cuddly type.

We came upon a heard on the road (literally) in a fog bank in one of the back roads in the park. Blu had to tip toe around them as they napped, even he understood just one could do serious damage to him.

nipper

#9 Redcap

Redcap

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 335 posts
  • Lewis County, WA

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:13 PM

Those are some nice asses! :grin:

#10 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,423 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:15 PM

nice.....i love that stance.i have a twin of bklu :lol: now , for my wife that i am building.cheers, brian

#11 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,623 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 28 October 2009 - 09:00 PM

No PR is bad PR as long as they spell your name right.

Damn Typo. i got Blus name wrong.

i'm glad he doesnt have an internet connection

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users