Ultimate Subaru Message Board

G'Day from Aussie... via California

Hi viewers,

I'm a newbie to this site...well, sort of... I've been registered for a little while, but haven't had much time to browse through it. I am a proud owner of a silver '97 Legacy RS (twin turbo) sedan. Purchased in Melbourne, Australia...imported via Japan.

I currently live in California, and have been trying in vain to find a similar vehicle whilst living over here, but unfortunately, not much luck in that area. Hope to meet some interesting people, gather some useful information and just have fun while here.

Dave

Youre in about the worst possible place to find a car comperable to a twin turbo. California is just about as locked down as it gets when it comes to smog and vehicle regulations.

Might be best to find yourself a really nice 80-89 Subaru Hatchback. One of the few cars they never imported to Australia. Build yourself an off road toy and bring it back to OZ.

G'Day all, and thanks for the warm and fuzzies.

Hey there Atomic. Well, the interceptor it still is, according to me. Even though Mad Max had quite a fine piece of machinery to drive around in, the modern day Falcons pack some heavy artillery in the performance department. I'm looking forward to reading up on some handy tips and info too.

Howdie Shawn. Darn...I thought you blokes had E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G over here...y'know?...whatever happened to the "everything is bigger and better" way of thinking in Cali? Well...I'll have a hunt around these boards for some info, but I'm thinking of a couple ideas about filling my twin-turbo legacy void...either...

1. Just get a plain old 90ish legacy, and an imported motor, and get to work on marrying the two...but I have a feeling this may get to be an expensive hobby...

2. Find out if anyone imports these beasts here in California.

3. Buy a Rex...but these are just too small for me. Let me know if there's any good threads about the first two.

G'Day rallyruss, thanks for the welcome. I live in Orange county at the moment...over in Fullerton. Glad you enjoyed the place. I'm looking forward to getting back home someday. Bet you had an eyeful of those turbo Legacies in NZ, eh? They're everywhere. They've been trickling into Australia over the past few years too. Damn, we need to change your rules over here in the US...it's just not good enough! People like us should not be deprived of such vehicles...there should be a national outcry!

Anyway, it's good to be here.

unfortunately no. we get stuck with some rather lame cars compared to what you guys have over there. I am sure you can see that already. just think about your utes back home compared to our suvs. 90% of those suvs are just a glorified car. and come on wheres the desil? only full size trucks get that here.:mad:

I want a 4x4 with straight axles and a turbo dsl. that dose not come in "super size"

now that I think about it was there a good reason to come here?

ah but at least we now get the STI , the GTO (a Holden at heart) lancer EVO and audi RS6:burnout: