Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1st annual Subaru Brat Meet Washington State

I am tentivally in. Provided it is not too near in the future. I would just put a trip permit on the BRAT. Tight now she is a ruff runner and I need to do a good ol' tune-up at least, to get her running for highway long distance. She is supposed to be a "long" project but I won't tear into her too much knowing this would be coming up within the next 6 months. Beside I haven't even finished with my MAV yet.

Just my two cents: I think it should be just a one day thing. Like on a Sunday just a general meet and greet. Maybe some light logging or BLM road stuff for some pics, but just a good ol shop talk in a parking lot and some burgers afterwords would be cool.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brian, I think we would all like to see you make it to the meet.

But as stated by Jeff in the first post, its for us Washingtonians (PNW in general). Thats quite a ways to travel just for a day or weekend meet.

What I suggest you do is get one of those lilttle utility trailers, load all your stuff up and move your rump roast up here with the rest of us Subaru nuts :-p

So Brats only? Meaning 4 of you will drive X amount of long miles to meet and take pics? How about make it an ea81 meet? You could still park the Brats next to eachother and take pics? :brow: I'll drag my coupe up the hill. . .

Good Call Eric should Be an EA81 meet.......... I'll change it up, might bring more people out......................

Brat/EA81 Meet........

Coupes, Hatch, Wagon's, Sedan's and of course Brat!!!!

Jeff

I like the EA81 meet idea, but what if you have a first gen BRAT with a EA71?

How about a Gen 1 & 2 show?

Brat's in General!!! Its still a Brat..................:grin:

We should call it the Cracked dash meet of 2009...................... that will get everone on the same page :)

Jeff

Brat's in General!!! Its still a Brat..................:grin:

We should call it the Cracked dash meet of 2009...................... that will get everone on the same page :)

Jeff

Lol I like that one. Yes, bumping it up to an EA81 or older meet is prolly the best thing, not everyone is fortunate enough to have a Brat...Plus there are some pretty cool rigs out there that aren't Brats...

-Bill

Rob, i understand completely and I wouldnt expect anyone to try and tailor the show to my needs. The trip wouldn't be just for a weekend, i have an old highschool friend moving to Tacoma in Feb., and plenty of other reasons to come up and visit... I'd probably make it a full week or two on my part. A Brat meet would just put icing on the cake :grin:

Rob, i understand completely and I wouldnt expect anyone to try and tailor the show to my needs. The trip wouldn't be just for a weekend, i have an old highschool friend moving to Tacoma in Feb., and plenty of other reasons to come up and visit... I'd probably make it a full week or two on my part. A Brat meet would just put icing on the cake :grin:

Heh, Tacoma is about 25min away from me :brow:

Ok excuse the snobbery. But we allready have a show for "all other subies" so why would we do a "mini show" or a "mini meet." of subies again? I liked the exclusiveness of just Brats. There is just 360 shows, just camero shows, just mustang shows, etc. So why can't we have a just brat's meet. If you want to change it to a "vintage meet" then ok all are welcome but otherwise I think we should keep it specific.

Specific type meets bring on a certain uniqueness to them. Thats what makes them just that, unique. Sure we are all car guys, and that is what brings us together. But having a one specific car that we can talk/look/own is what sets up the bond that binds so to speak. It allows for easier info sharing and a commom comradery of sorts and a gammit of other advantages over and above a general meet of cars.

Hope this all makes sense.

Cheers.

Specific type meets bring on a certain uniqueness to them. Thats what makes them just that, unique. Sure we are all car guys, and that is what brings us together. But having a one specific car that we can talk/look/own is what sets up the bond that binds so to speak. It allows for easier info sharing and a commom comradery of sorts and a gammit of other advantages over and above a general meet of cars.

Hope this all makes sense.

Cheers.

Then can I bring my Toyota? See where I'm headed?

I too like the uniqueness of having a "Brat only" show. Its something I have always wanted to be a part of.

Zap, this just means you gotta find another Brat before the show starts.... i think you have plenty of time.

I am in agreement with Mugs and Brian.

I like the BRAT only idea, it makes the show different.

Not to mention, you guys had an RX only show, and those things have to be

almost as rare if not even more rare than BRAT's...

Twitch

PS: and 1st gen and 2nd gen BRAT's are welcome in my eyes :)

No biggie, my feelings aren't hurt. My point was that after orgainizing a bazillion Subaru meets, usually about half of the folks who say they'll show up do. You guys LOVE to back out at the last minute, most of you in this thread have at one time or another. So, you guys will find that only 3 or 4 of you will drive a long distance to meet.

The "RX show". I brough my impreza. It involved meeting at wongleflute's for burgers and then they followed me on some cool rump roast roads to go to another spot to meet and take photos.

Have fun twitch. I'm pretty sure my lifted coupe is about the rarest Subaru on the planet. Should be one of 2. ;)

Edited by Zap