Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1st annual Subaru Brat Meet Washington State

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
We need to revive this thread to keep interest alive! Just imagine the looks when a whole slew of BRATS invade Ellenstown! Hell we might even set so kind of world record... Somebody call Guinness. BRATS UNITE!!!

W00T!!!

Lets do it!

Now, we need to get somebody to help us find a place to hold it and to camp

overnight, if necessary, Bill...

Or Robbie :)

I would but my work schedule is rather tight right now, and my BRAT is

awaiting a new drive shaft ;)

Not to mention E-burg is over 4 hours away from me.

Twitch

Me and my buddy have a house here in eburg with three subies out front, including my brat so i would definitely be in for a brat meet.

if we really wanted to i bet we could use the fairgrounds to host this meet. kinda like wcss11

or if anything there is peoples pond across the highway that has plenty of parking, covered pick-nick area and stuff like that.

since i live here i could do some pokin around and figure stuff out if you guys want me to

Me and my buddy have a house here in eburg with three subies out front, including my brat so i would definitely be in for a brat meet.

if we really wanted to i bet we could use the fairgrounds to host this meet. kinda like wcss11

or if anything there is peoples pond across the highway that has plenty of parking, covered pick-nick area and stuff like that.

since i live here i could do some pokin around and figure stuff out if you guys want me to

That would be awesome.

I would definitely like it if we could find a campground, cuz I don't want to

have to drive 8 hours in a day just to visit sube nuts for only a few hours.

Twitch

Sounds good Fenix! See what you can find out. I don't know the area that well but that Peoples Pond sounds kinda cool, less red tape then say the fairgrounds. If we could get this ball a roll'in maybe we can get some of the original posters of this thread back on board. 30,40.or 100 Brats, if there is still that many in this area, would be so cool invading E-town!!!:slobber:

-Jake

What about the weekend before or after Memorial Day week end? Nice weather... Still gives enough time to sort stuff out... I really want to see this happen!!!

-Jake

What about Sun/Mon of Memorial weekend. That way those fo us that really can't make it Saturday (myself included) could show up on Sunday and then have to worry about "being back to work" on Monday.

So it would be held on Sunday and for those that wanted to spend a night in E-Burg could and then leave on Mon, and those of us that wanted to leave after everything has died down on Sun could and not have to worry about getting up early to make it to work on Mon.

I just think trying to a "make" a weekend out of it for the first time might be a bit much.

Just my thoughts

so either may 22/23 or june 5/6.

either one works for me, so i guess a vote is in order to see which weekend works for more people

so here are a few ideas i have come up with

we could have the meet at peoples pond here http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=46.989577,+-120.572805&sll=46.989621,-120.572355&sspn=0.008255,0.01929&ie=UTF8&ll=46.989518,-120.571647&spn=0.008255,0.01929&t=h&z=16 where there is good parking, covered picknick area, grass fields, volleyball net, ect..

camping is the only problem, there is a KOA on the edge of town. other than that i dont know what would be close.

Another idea is to have the meet outside of town in the hills. I can think of a few places.

Reecer creek road heads north of eburg and up into the hills. At the base of the hills it turns into a one lane paved forest service road that goes in about 8 miles. so that would make it easier for more street oriented cars. I see hunters and the like camping up there all the time and there are a few large areas that would work well. the views are amazing from high above kittitas valley and there are trails out here for the offroad guys if they want to play at this meet.

The other place i can think of is in the manastash canyon. Basically fallow manastash road out of town and it turns into a pretty good gravel road eventually. so street oriented cars would still be fine. This area has spots to camp too and is very popular for 4x4 guys to set up base camp and head to the natchees area.

li know of a light trail that gose to a large open area that would be great for a meet. and when i say light i meen i took a stock legacy wagon up there. its bumpy but thats all.

i dont know where this is but it also sounds good.

Peoples pond would be good for more of a car show style meet with a bbq and just hanging out and then finding places to stay for the night.

The other two places in the hills would be good for a camp out style meet where we drive up to a spot, set up camp and have a fire, make food, hang out, people can go offroading, and stay the night right there.

So those are a few ideas i had in mind, let me know what you guys think

-Andy

What about Sun/Mon of Memorial weekend. That way those fo us that really can't make it Saturday (myself included) could show up on Sunday and then have to worry about "being back to work" on Monday.

So it would be held on Sunday and for those that wanted to spend a night in E-Burg could and then leave on Mon, and those of us that wanted to leave after everything has died down on Sun could and not have to worry about getting up early to make it to work on Mon.

I just think trying to a "make" a weekend out of it for the first time might be a bit much.

Just my thoughts

good point, so either the 22/23, 30/31, or 5/6

It all sounds great to me... Any of those weekends would work. I like the idea of Memorial weekend, I was originally worried that it might conflict with other peoples plans i.e. Family trips and what not. But a 3 day weekend would be nice... No rush to get home. Fenix... Looks like you've scouted out some awsome spots. I like the onroad/offroad angle-Jake