Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Window Rubber Gaskets for 1983 GLF Coupe

Ilan

I would order them from the dealership. Probably around $100 to $150 each. These aren't that common anymore and most glass shops can't get them. Alternatively, a good glass shop can glue the windsheild in place like the EA82's and other more modern cars are done. This takes some skill but it can look alright if done properly. It's a better process than the original gaskets which suffer from leakage after a few years.

GD

There is a guy in Australia that makes the replacement gaskets for the coupes.. they can not be found in the US ( ask us other coupe owners how we know this). Do a search and you should find a thread I did with the link to the company who makes them.

The problem I am having is finding a glass company willing to pull my rear window so I can send it to be repainted.. they dont want to touch it since the replacement glass is super expensive if it can even be found. ( I have tried a few and WONT do it myself)

I only want mine pulled to have the car repainted..since there is a touch of rust under the gasket that needs addressed. Mine stays in the garage 99% of the time and isnt allowed to see rain/snow/ or any element ever again. ( I even have a cover for it if it has to be outside for any reason). If it wasnt being restored..I would just shoot some clear silicone sealer in there and call it a day..done that enough times

Oh ...here is the ebay link for the guy who sells the replacements:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120237798417&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:AU:1123