Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

300 acres in forks, wa, got any ideas how to use it?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 huelsdonk

huelsdonk

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • seattle

Posted 06 November 2009 - 10:26 PM

just like the title says. i have a 300 acre farm in forks, wa and would like to make some tracks and runs and maybe even set up events. what do you guys think?

#2 Breeke

Breeke

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • Onalaska, WA

Posted 06 November 2009 - 11:24 PM

Field Car!!!!!!

#3 Uberoo

Uberoo

Subaru Wheeler

• Members
  • 3,439 posts
  • lewiston,ID

Posted 07 November 2009 - 11:23 AM

have a backhoe or skidsteer?if not rent one for a day or so... :brow:

#4 grossgary

grossgary

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,084 posts
  • WV

Posted 07 November 2009 - 11:42 AM

personally i'd kick everyone off and hunt.

what we do is get an old car hood. strap huge foam pads too it. when it snows you can fit up to 3 people on it and drag it behind a vehicle in the snow. we wear full on motorcycle helmets though, so i in no way recommend this....proper disclaimers, i'm not responsible, you will get hurt, etc.

can be done in the mud too or with huge pieces of carpet, but snow and an old volvo hood do well.

#5 Uberoo

Uberoo

Subaru Wheeler

• Members
  • 3,439 posts
  • lewiston,ID

Posted 07 November 2009 - 12:22 PM

Why do you need snow or mud to drag a hood behind a car?Just use the probally existing tall grass :banana: a helmet?I suppose... or you can run without one just have a long tow rope and dont fall off...

Whats this foam or carpet I hear about?

#6 grossgary

grossgary

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,084 posts
  • WV

Posted 07 November 2009 - 01:41 PM

depends on terrain and kind of driving. the hills we sled/snow tube on have resulted in hospital visits for broken bones, KO's, separated shoulders.

150 mph without a helmet? 180's at 50 mph? that's an exaggeration but the point remains - where to draw the line?

foam/carpet just makes for a smoother ride.

Edited by grossgary, 07 November 2009 - 01:47 PM.

#7 john in KY

john in KY

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,260 posts
  • KY

Posted 07 November 2009 - 03:53 PM

just like the title says. i have a 300 acre farm in forks, wa and would like to make some tracks and runs and maybe even set up events. what do you guys think?

Better have some serious liability insurance.

#8 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,139 posts
  • WA

Posted 07 November 2009 - 06:59 PM

Is this Jason?

#9 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,637 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 07 November 2009 - 07:18 PM

I liked the vision of 300 acres of plastic forks.

nipper

#10 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,424 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:09 PM

build an offroad race track....
stack a bunch of rocks to play on
put trails every where in between
build a rally track
a mud pit
a camping area
invite 1000 people or so and call it WCSS.....:)kidding only about the inviting the 1000 people.

but, build the rest:grin:

basically build a public ORV park.have peeps sign waivers,which by the way will lower your insurance.and charge folks a small fee to use
this is my dream......
cheers, brian

#11 one eye

one eye

I'm A Subaholic

• Members
  • 2,573 posts
  • Mt.Vernon Washington

Posted 10 November 2009 - 12:16 AM

Tell people that that is where Twight was filmed and give them a tour.....:grin: or ,make the place where WCSS12 could be.............

Jeff

#12 Breeke

Breeke

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • Onalaska, WA

Posted 13 November 2009 - 08:34 AM

Tell people that that is where Twight was filmed and give them a tour.....:grin: or ,make the place where WCSS12 could be.............

Jeff

Forks is beautiful...and way out of the way of anything....which is nice....i love Forks....went to Lineman College with a guy from Forks in '06

#13 The Beast I Drive

The Beast I Drive

CALL ME, (509) 391-5903

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
  • Toppenish, WA

Posted 13 November 2009 - 05:14 PM

With 300 acres, if it is all pretty much flat land, you have a lot of possibilities. I would definitely make a small-scale off-road setup, something to just have some weekend fun on (mud pit, some big rocks to climb on, maybe some other "custom" challenges) and for sure would need a rally course, and a more aggressive Tuff Truck course. Id leave a nice large area open and just make it grass. Then install some facilities (some bathrooms, maybe an outdoor eating establishment, and some water spouts here and there), set up a stage and then get some good insurance and start hosting shows/events :banana:

Of course, if it were me, the back 40 acres would be my private collection of parts cars :lol:

-Bill

#14 Breeke

Breeke

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • Onalaska, WA

Posted 14 November 2009 - 07:33 PM

Of course, if it were me, the back 40 acres would be my private collection of parts cars :lol:

-Bill

No doubt.

Forks is fairly not flat but you have a good idea going

#15 4drbrat

4drbrat

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Kenai Peninsula

Posted 24 November 2009 - 02:18 PM

If you build it, we will come. and not just subies. All sorts of rednecks with big trucks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users