Ultimate Subaru Message Board

300 acres in forks, wa, got any ideas how to use it?

huelsdonk

personally i'd kick everyone off and hunt.

what we do is get an old car hood. strap huge foam pads too it. when it snows you can fit up to 3 people on it and drag it behind a vehicle in the snow. we wear full on motorcycle helmets though, so i in no way recommend this....proper disclaimers, i'm not responsible, you will get hurt, etc.

can be done in the mud too or with huge pieces of carpet, but snow and an old volvo hood do well.

depends on terrain and kind of driving. the hills we sled/snow tube on have resulted in hospital visits for broken bones, KO's, separated shoulders.

150 mph without a helmet? 180's at 50 mph? that's an exaggeration but the point remains - where to draw the line?

foam/carpet just makes for a smoother ride.

Edited by grossgary

build an offroad race track....

stack a bunch of rocks to play on

put trails every where in between

build a rally track

a mud pit

a camping area

invite 1000 people or so and call it WCSS.....:)kidding only about the inviting the 1000 people.

but, build the rest:grin:

basically build a public ORV park.have peeps sign waivers,which by the way will lower your insurance.and charge folks a small fee to use

this is my dream......

cheers, brian

Tell people that that is where Twight was filmed and give them a tour.....:grin: or ,make the place where WCSS12 could be.............

Jeff

Forks is beautiful...and way out of the way of anything....which is nice....i love Forks....went to Lineman College with a guy from Forks in '06

With 300 acres, if it is all pretty much flat land, you have a lot of possibilities. I would definitely make a small-scale off-road setup, something to just have some weekend fun on (mud pit, some big rocks to climb on, maybe some other "custom" challenges) and for sure would need a rally course, and a more aggressive Tuff Truck course. Id leave a nice large area open and just make it grass. Then install some facilities (some bathrooms, maybe an outdoor eating establishment, and some water spouts here and there), set up a stage and then get some good insurance and start hosting shows/events :banana:

Of course, if it were me, the back 40 acres would be my private collection of parts cars :lol:

-Bill

• 2 weeks later...