Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Looking to have a page scanned out of a repair manual

Just go buy a manual - they are worth their weight in gold. There are a number of different sections of a manual needed in order to do the HGs and once you have your engine open there are a number of things to look for to make sure your engine is slap-happy.

Judging by your previous posts you are new to your car, a manual will save you from posting here every time you need help and will keep the gurus from getting annoyed with you... A $15 manual and the 'Search' command are your best friends.

Just go buy a manual - they are worth their weight in gold. There are a number of different sections of a manual needed in order to do the HGs and once you have your engine open there are a number of things to look for to make sure your engine is slap-happy.

Judging by your previous posts you are new to your car, a manual will save you from posting here every time you need help and will keep the gurus from getting annoyed with you... A $15 manual and the 'Search' command are your best friends.

I think that he is referring the the FSM for the car, and that is not $15, unless you can find it used, like I did. The FSM's are around $100 if you want one brand new. I could be wrong on the price, but the FSM is alot more money. The haynes/chiltons on the other hand are cheaper, but they don't give you nearly as much info as the FSM. Of course this is ASSUMING he wants the FSM pages :)

Just the page on doing headgaskets. From an EA82 (94 loyale). I'm aware of the process, I'm just looking for the page from any manual.

My FSM is in the mail coming to me, and if you have not found out the info you are looking for when my FSM comes, I will see what I can do for you. I have no ETA on my FSM though, just playing the waiting game right now :)

I own a chilton's manual, and it is not very explanatory. I am aware of the search function, and use it before I post. Maybe you can search and try to find it, because I couldn't.

My FSM is in the mail coming to me, and if you have not found out the info you are looking for when my FSM comes, I will see what I can do for you. I have no ETA on my FSM though, just playing the waiting game right now :)

I've never heard of this before. I have a bently manual for my mk3 and it is very explanatory, and was also very expensive. Where can one of these be bought?

I've never heard of this before. I have a bently manual for my mk3 and it is very explanatory, and was also very expensive. Where can one of these be bought?

I don't know where one can be bought, I would assume the dealer??

Here is a link to a post that I made that has the download links to the FSM, the Gregory Manual, and HTKYSA http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showpost.php?p=863446&postcount=6 They are all in PDF format, and they should help you out right now anyways until you can get a FSM in print :grin: Hope that helps.

If you initially wanted the FRM than I apologize, but this wasn't made clear.

I had the exact same problems you had with your HGs. I did mine last winter (w/o pulling the engine) with a Hayne's manual (which was super helpful) and the USRM from this site. Although a factory service manual is nice, it isn't necessary and there are some procedures that are made more complicated than they really are.

It's not a very complicated process, and should take you a weekend if you have all the parts. Get the felpro gasket kit, they don't require retorquing - you do not want to have to pull the engine apart twice - and have most everything you need. Get a 10mm ratcheting box end wrench to get at the valve cover bolts if yer leaving the eng. in the car.

Read up and then read up some more and then give 'er. Be super careful cleaning the aluminum block mating surface. There are numerous threads on this.

I found this helpful as well.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=55920