Ultimate Subaru Message Board

99lego lifted at last.....bumper too! now with STRUT BLOCK PICS!

99lego

Very nice, and welcome the the Mudrat Baja bumper family!

I think you were at John's when I called and yaked with him on the phone as I was getting ready to come up there for some strut swapping. He mentioned a white Lego rolling out on blocks just a few days before I rolled in.

Your rig does look good with the 1.5" OB strut swap (that's where I am now), AND the 2" blocks. Are you rolling an auto or 5MT?

Where in AZ are you? Drop a line if you roll that way again, or if you roll through Moab en route.

Cheers,

-mark-

Very nice, and welcome the the Mudrat Baja bumper family!

I think you were at John's when I called and yaked with him on the phone as I was getting ready to come up there for some strut swapping. He mentioned a white Lego rolling out on blocks just a few days before I rolled in.

Your rig does look good with the 1.5" OB strut swap (that's where I am now), AND the 2" blocks. Are you rolling an auto or 5MT?

Where in AZ are you? Drop a line if you roll that way again, or if you roll through Moab en route.

Cheers,

-mark-

It's a 5mt. In 99 they changed the tranny's up a smidge. Syncros are really grabby, getting into first from 2rd or 3rd requires surgical accuracy, and finding reverse first thing after you get in it can be a chore sometimes.

But now with the drivetrain dropped a bit my throws feel WAY shorter.

Haven't been in Moab since my last river trip from Stillwater through Cataract....but the road from there to telluride beckons like sirens from Titan.

I'll be teaching up on mt. Hood for the winter, or until my legs give out. I guess whichever comes first.

• 2 weeks later...