Morganm/Archemitis: 1cabin

McBrat: 1campsite

Syrinx: 1campsite

Redlance: 1cabin

88xt6joe: 1cabin

subiemech85: 1campsite

Pending:

OmahaSubaru

Those not on either list who have already RSVP'd have expressed that they have alternate plans and will not be staying at Loess Hills Hideaway. I will be trying to get a hold of Loess Hills today to pencil in a reservation for the above sites. I will ask him how we should coordinate for final reservations and deposit money. Will reply back when I know further details.

Thank you.

Be sure you are reserved! Call up Loess Hills Hideaway and reserve your spot. Deposits are 50% of total and can be sent only by check or money order via snail mail. http://www.loesshillshideaway.com/rates.html

Recieved definate confirmations from:

ShawnW: 1cabin : confirmed The Lodge

Morganm: 1cabin : confirmed cabin #1

Archemitis: 1cabin : confirmed cabin #1

McBrat: 1campsite : confirmed site #4

Syrinx: 1campsite : pending

Redlance: 1cabin : confirmed cabin

88xt6joe: campsite: confirmed site #6

subiemech85: 1campsite : pending

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any other questions or problems that need resolved? I have my CB now. Ill be bringing my Brat now instead of the Wagon as it isn't done yet or plated. Ill post a driving directions post tomorrow night with any luck.

Hey everyone, this will be my first post in this forum (newbie). I am planning on coming to this meet. I was wondering if you could just give me a quick rundown of everything, just in case I missed anything reading through the forums. I will most likely be bringing one other person. Probably camping also. Is sat the big day? Anything going on on Sunday?

Thanks,

Matt

Hey everyone, this will be my first post in this forum (newbie). I am planning on coming to this meet. I was wondering if you could just give me a quick rundown of everything, just in case I missed anything reading through the forums. I will most likely be bringing one other person. Probably camping also. Is sat the big day? Anything going on on Sunday?

Thanks,

Matt

All details will be in these 3 threads for the Midwest Meet:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11244&page=1&pp=10

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=14606

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=14605

There are still a couple campsites left at Loess Hills if you want to stay there with a lot of us. Sunda I belive is just gonna be a wake, shake and roll out. Post any specific quetions you may have after reading those. Hope to see you there! :)

Sunday is mostly so everybody doesnt have to leave so early and can stick around and do stuff in the evening. Nothing is planned for after the "show" portion so its up in the air what we are all doing on Sat night. I found what might be an RC car track in a nearby town that we could investigate, or we could go down to a park I found with a pretty washed out road to it, etc. I don't think there will be any problem finding things to do to fill time.

Hey, Shawn... Perhaps you can photoshop the pic of the map you took, and place an "X" on where we are to meet so everybody knows exactly where the picnic shelter is? Just a thought to simplify things a bit, and maybe prevent anyone getting lost/confused.

Hey, McBrat (and others headed through McBrat's vicinity to and from the meet) Miles Fox done got it together to pick up those two Subarus near you Since he can only trailer one back, the plan is to get the 1984 turbo wagon with the blown turbo back up and running so as to drive back to IN. So, as figuring there will be an unseasonably high concentration of Subaru maniacs in the area, what are the chances of a small wrenching party to resuscitate that wagon either before or after the meet?

I myself won't be going...I'm busy editing the movie! See you in Butler at the end of May with an early cut of it.

Also, ShawnW; I know you had planned on being rid of it by now, but if you still have that beige parts wagon, the Butler boys will gladly relieve you of anything you're disposing of (all that beige interior stuff, for example) either on the way out or on the way back, depending.

Fox is going to try to check his e-mail on a daily basis through this week to plan various caravanning and meet-up type activities related to the Iowa meet and the retrieval of those two Subarus.

-Tim Hansen

I junked the parts car, didn't want trouble with the landlord. Friday night if you are passing thru you can rummage thru the stash. Give me a call.

Im not sure I will want to spend time fixing a Subaru this weekend. I need a weekend off of that. Nothing but that for about 2 months has me kindof burnt out.

im gonna have to pull this one off by the skin of my teeth. last week i realized that i cant afford to go. this weekend i came into some money to go. i have to be to court the following monday

now all i got to do is re-coordinate with all those who thought we backed out. the plan is to come in a big red van and a trailer, but if worst comes to worst, we will come in a trashwagon six loaded down with parts for everybody. the boss may end up saving the day, lets see how this goes.............

im gonna have to pull this one off by the skin of my teeth. last week i realized that i cant afford to go. this weekend i came into some money to go. i have to be to court the following monday

now all i got to do is re-coordinate with all those who thought we backed out. the plan is to come in a big red van and a trailer, but if worst comes to worst, we will come in a trashwagon six loaded down with parts for everybody. the boss may end up saving the day, lets see how this goes.............

HEY! you cant come to a subaru meet in a big red VAN! :D lol

Hope you guys do pull it off. I'd like to meet you all again w/o having to leave so quick this time.

Fox & Company: I spoke to Mr. Starry (the guy with the Subaru's...appropo, eh?) and everything should be a go for the 24th, although he said they're expecting rain in Des Moines. I am sending the $200 money order to him tomorrow.

Be safe, eh?

-Tim Hansen

i found a local guy with 7 soobs, 5 of them need work. if i could make some quick 100 bucks, we will have eli's dad drive the van, put my car on the trailer. we will go to des moiunes and drop my car, and the van will take the sedan back to butler, we will continue on to the meet, and try to take the wagon back on the way home

You're going to hate me, but I won't be able to attend.

I stil think at least 2-3 NSOC guys will be in attendance.

I had a detail job come up on a rare 93.5 hard top Supra with only 14k miles on it that I to take. I guess he's selling it and wants it looking flawless and although it won't need much work, he is a good friend and really want to help him out so the sooner the better.

This really sucks as I was hoping to go and bring my SVX along. Maybe someone would be interested in it.

If you guys have another Iowa area meet let me know, I'd still like to attend one.

Again I'm sorry I can't make it. I've been gone a lot lately with Evolution Schools and autocrossing.

Sincerely,

Jon

What a horrible day :(

My wife came home from work and said her power steering was gone and the battery light was on. I poped the hood and saw smoke and coolant all over. The one belt that runs everything (power steering, alternator, AC pump, water pump) was just laying there. She said the powersteering and light came on right when she left work. This means the water pump was not working for her entire commute home.

I put the belt back on and started it up... its screwed. Wont idle, whole engine shakes and knocks real bad, smoke and coolant just pour from somewhere between the crank pulley and water pump.

Needless to say I do not have time or money to finish my subaru or attend the midwest subaru rally. If it isn't one thing its 15 others... :(

Take lots of pictures for me and have fun guys. Maybe next year?

Archemitis...maybe you and Morgan can carpool or something?

Anyhow, Subaru Alliance guys, I just got off the phone with our man in Des Moines, and a $150 money order is on its way to him. It might not make it in time so I gave him the serial # and the post office phone number and you guys should be good to go. Fox, you need to call him and set up the time you'll be there...he doesn't want to wait around the whole day for you.

Good luck with everything!

-Tim Hansen