Ultimate Subaru Message Board

6" lift build questions

Markus56

I want to put a 6" lift on my car to upgrade it from the 2 inch that is on it now.

i am thinking have a 4 inch drop in the rear with 6 inches on the rear struts and 6" all the way across in the front.

What metal do i need, how many pieces, what size holes to drill, and how long should the flat bar in the rear be before i bend it?

and any other stuff i am missing :)

Thanks!

I want to put a 6" lift on my car to upgrade it from the 2 inch that is on it now.

i am thinking have a 4 inch drop in the rear with 6 inches on the rear struts and 6" all the way across in the front.

What metal do i need, how many pieces, what size holes to drill, and how long should the flat bar in the rear be before i bend it?

and any other stuff i am missing :)

Thanks!

use 2 x 4 rectagular steel for the drop blocks,

check out this thread

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=97445

DSC02641.jpg

6" at the struts, 5" at the diff and engine crossmember

John,

Have Jeff get ahold of Woody, and ask if you can crawl under his car with a tape measure. There should be plenty of room to crawl around under there.:grin:

It usually only sits one of two places when not in use. Woody will tell you where it is if he's cool with it.

Take a tape measure with you, and a notepad. Measure all of his blocks. He did some pretty intelligent stuff, so I would take the opportunity to copy a bit from a very tried, and true car built by a very smart dude.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. Nobody will be able to tell you EXACTLY what your car will need. Things like strut extensions, and steering shaft extensions seem to all be a hair different on everybodys cars. But, Woodys car is a perfect example for you to take the important measurements from.

• 2 years later...
i have a 89 gl wagon raised roof i want a 6 inch lift.....it says i need to lengthen steering shaft.....how do i go about doing this?

Hey dude, it's pretty easy I did mine I have a 4" lift on my gl. Pretty much you just cut your stearing knuckle in half and weld a longer tube in between the cut for the exstention. Could Make on for you if you can't?

-Prwa101

Get me at godslambs@aol.com Sence you cant pm.