Ultimate Subaru Message Board

How many inches lift do you think to fit 31"s on early 90's Legacy?

Phizinza

So I plan to build up a Liberty/Legacy as a bit of a race car to replace my 83 wagon.

I'll be doing custom struts most likely so no rubbage problems as I'll use smaller springs and spring perches. But I want to fit 30 to 31 inch mud terrains to it and was wondering how much lift (body and suspension) people think I would need to do so? I'll be whacking the heck out of the guards and cutting the fenders back a lot, no problems with that. But 31" tyres are pretty big so I was thinking I need lift..

I also need lift (about 3" or more) so I don't just float in the puddles, need that body up high so she doesn't just boat it!

Thanks...

• 2 weeks later...

ONly problem is that you won't have the clearance at the spring perches.

Scott's blue sedan above has a lift design that allows for the bigger tires, and wide offset wheels.

Just using Outback struts and a conventional strut/body block lift you will be limited to about a 29" no matter how large the bodylift.

I currently own Scotts old Legacy' date=' it has 4" blocks in the front with 2" blocks in the back and Outback struts on the back only. :drunk:[/quote']

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the lift from extensions on the bottom of the strut, between the strut and Knuckle?

It works, but is different than most of the "conventional" tophat style blocks most lifts use. It allows for more tire height.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the lift from extensions on the bottom of the strut, between the strut and Knuckle?

It works, but is different than most of the "conventional" tophat style blocks most lifts use. It allows for more tire height.

Gloyale

you are correct , I would not have had room for the 31s if it was a top block

Yeah, sorry I did'nt get into detail like I should have:-\

• 3 weeks later...

This is just for more travel and a lift for an old 83 wagon. But you can pretty much weld anything you want when the shocker is out of the strut so changing spring perches is no trouble.

These inserts are 388mm long body opposed to the standard 360mm struts. And have about 200mm travel opposed to the 125mm standard 4WD struts come with. So all up great for a 2 to 3 inch body lift and offer 3" more travel. I did however find they were weaker then standard (bent them doing jumps in the race wagon) but for general off road use they would be fine. Also you can beef up the outside of the strut to increase strength so.....

10102009960800x600.th.jpg

10102009961800x600.th.jpg

10102009963800x600.th.jpg

10102009964800x600.th.jpg

10102009965800x600.th.jpg

10102009971800x600.th.jpg

10102009975800x600.th.jpg

For some reason not all photos are showing up here, so click this link to see them http://img64.imageshack.us/g/10102009960800

w800.png