Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Lift is Done!

Breeke

OK,

So as some of you know i had trouble with my camber with the new lift.

Tonight i tore it back apart and looked everything over. The lift was in CORRECTLY and I still had camber issues. Bill and I discussed it on the phone and we were both at a loss of what the problem is. :-\

I deceided to take pics and email them to bill so he could have a look. Lucky me, I can't figure out my dads camera to computer connection, so the pics wouldn't email.:rolleyes:

I went back out to the shop for another look around....I tried the Passenger side block in the drivers side...No Dice! :mad:

So this tells me only one thing.......the lift is labled correctly and built correctly...so the problem must be my issue on the car or somthings.....I have a good look at the strut hats. WTF!!! my strut hats are angled!!!!! I sping them over and over and confirm what I did not know. Are they camber correcting hats or what??? I thought the hats were on a flat plan....not these!!! :eek:

So I find the lowest part of the hat a properly position the block on them Passenger on Passenger and arrow forward. As well as the other side....I bolt everything back up and pray..

Let the car down and low and behold the camber is better...I drive down the driveway and back to the shop...it's settled some...

So as of now I have OK camber and hats that are not on a flat plane. I run in here type this messege and head home to hit the sack before i gotta work in a few hours.

Pics will follow soon....tomorrow or the next I promise, I gotta get this camera issue lined out first.

-Caleb

Hmmm, almost sounds like you have a bent strut stud at the top, or the strut top might be warped/bent, or something. I tried to look at the pics you had e-mailed to me, but I didnt want to register to a site I wont ever use... Next time have him attach the photos to the email from the computer ;)

Sounds like its almost taken care of, keep me informed :)

-Bill

:mad:Yeah, that computer pissed me off so i just went back out to the shop.

I was wondering if the stuts were bent myself..but it seems just the top is at an angle and the two sides are identical. I'm gonna look into it more.

If anyone sees this i wouldn't mind a set of struts that i could swap in there. :grin:

I'm not done getting this hammered out...next up is try different struts....maybe i should visit the JY

-Caleb