Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

My trunk wont open

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Uberoo

Uberoo

Subaru Wheeler

• Members
  • 3,421 posts
  • lewiston,ID

Posted 17 November 2009 - 10:38 AM

The trunk on my 93 legacy sedan won't open anymore.The latch makes a small clicking noise but it wont open the trunk.I can crawl through the back to open it manually.Im guessing the cable has stretched somewhat.Is there an adjustment somewhere to tighten the cable back up?If not how can I fix my trunk?

#2 Legacy777

Legacy777

• 12,630 posts
  • Houston, Tx

Posted 17 November 2009 - 11:44 AM

Can you open the trunk from the outside of the car with the key? If not, it's probably not the cable, but the lock mechanism.

#3 bheinen74

bheinen74

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • central Iowa

Posted 17 November 2009 - 11:47 AM

there is a lock-out lever when you open the trunk to prevent the by the seat opener from popping-its a security feature so someone who gets in your car still cant get into the trunk.

when that lever is set to lockout, then the only way to pop the trunk is via a key.

Edited by bheinen74, 17 November 2009 - 11:49 AM.

#4 Uberoo

Uberoo

Subaru Wheeler

• Members
  • 3,421 posts
  • lewiston,ID

Posted 17 November 2009 - 04:15 PM

The lock out feature must of got tripped somehow.opened the trunk by crawling inside it,then moved the lock out to where it was supposed to be.

so its supposed to keep people from getting in the trunk if they are already in the car?Doesn't really do a whole lotta good if the rear seat flips forward to allow access to the trunk...

#5 johnceggleston

johnceggleston

Lite Master of the Subaru

• Gold Subscribers
  • 6,351 posts
  • Virginia

Posted 17 November 2009 - 04:44 PM

so its supposed to keep people from getting in the trunk if they are already in the car?Doesn't really do a whole lotta good if the rear seat flips forward to allow access to the trunk...

i thought you could lock them too.

#6 bheinen74

bheinen74

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • central Iowa

Posted 17 November 2009 - 04:54 PM

yeah the seat backs the fold down also have a lock tab. so you can lock them out.
lots of virgin locks and little cool gadgets......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users