Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Old Subaru's from little Iceland

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An EA81/EA82 police cruiser?!? What the hell are the bad guys driving?

Bicycles?? :lol:

Roads must really suck where the constabulary bought those - if they have roads that is. :rolleyes:

Nice collection.

GD

the police here don´t have to be fast, we live in turf houses with ice roofs and the worst crimes here are something like stealing hubcaps

the police here don´t have to be fast, we live in turf houses with ice roofs and the worst crimes here are something like stealing hubcaps

What in blazes is a turf house? There *must* be some sort of civilization - you were tought english (very well I might add :)) in a school I would imagine? Hopefully one NOT made of turf or dung or whatever it is that passes for structural materials in Iceland..... Ice roofing sounds like a blast :rolleyes:.

Beautiful country BTW. Nice place to visit I bet...... in the summer.

GD

What in blazes is a turf house? There *must* be some sort of civilization - you were tought english (very well I might add :)) in a school I would imagine? Hopefully one NOT made of turf or dung or whatever it is that passes for structural materials in Iceland..... Ice roofing sounds like a blast :rolleyes:.

Beautiful country BTW. Nice place to visit I bet...... in the summer.

GD

hahaha it´s just fun to see how much crap you can get away with when people don´t even know where our Island is.

As for my english, i blame my old english teacher who managed to be somewhat mentally damaged and fun at the same time (one time during class he jumped up on a table to show us how an octopus moves :lol:)

building codes around here instruct that in order to build you have to dig trough all the loose soil to get to the rock layers beneath, also everything is on a concrete base and about 80% of houses are all concrete.

this shows when you consider that just 2 years ago the southern region suffered an earthquake that measured 6,9 on the richter scale and with tens of thousands houses affected, only ten or so where destroyed but none collapsed.

part of capital Reykjavik on a good day

reykjavik-esja-26355.jpg

Iceland is exactly the same size as kentucky state but we only count about 310.000 people