Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Old Subaru's from little Iceland

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#101 Yo'J

Yo'J

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • seattle

Posted 24 April 2010 - 10:08 AM

Wow! Those last shots are bloody amazing! What did you and your friends do? Run into the dust cloud and snap a few then run like lightning so as to not get hit by lightning?! Fantastic! Give praise to the guys holding the camera! Wow!

#102 Yo'J

Yo'J

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • seattle

Posted 24 April 2010 - 10:16 AM

Whats the toll on the local wildlife like? You think the ash has killed all in its path or are things just waiting to pop up after the assault is over? We really havent heard much over here besides the uk not flying and african flowers dying. Any concerns?

#103 Logan K

Logan K

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Edmonds

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:11 AM

im thinking about going to iceland after a few years of college...do the rental car companies rent out 4x4's? or even better can i just rent your friends lifted sedan? :grin:

#104 987687

Rally Suby!

• Members
  • 3,542 posts
  • Northern Maine

Posted 26 April 2010 - 03:52 PM

im thinking about going to iceland after a few years of college...do the rental car companies rent out 4x4's? or even better can i just rent your friends lifted sedan? :grin:

You can rent 4x4's in Iceland, yes.

#105 oskar_subaru

oskar_subaru

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • Reykjavik, Iceland

Posted 26 April 2010 - 04:48 PM

After seeing your pictures me and my gf are looking into spending a few weeks in Iceland next summer, looks absolutely amazing!

Is it going to be tricky without knowing the language or is English pretty common?

as kristján said,
we start learning english at the age of 7 and 90% of people here have no problem making themselves understandable.

get in touch, we can show you how to do donuts in a 87hp subaru :banana:

Wow! Those last shots are bloody amazing! What did you and your friends do? Run into the dust cloud and snap a few then run like lightning so as to not get hit by lightning?! Fantastic! Give praise to the guys holding the camera! Wow!

1500x zoom :)

Whats the toll on the local wildlife like? You think the ash has killed all in its path or are things just waiting to pop up after the assault is over? We really havent heard much over here besides the uk not flying and african flowers dying. Any concerns?

if i understand correctly the ash does not harm plants or trees unless it lies on them for some period of time, it has been raining allot in the worst areas this week and that helps to clean the ash from plants and fields.

however the ash does contain a fairly high concentration of Fluorine witch can poison animals that are left out in the ash or if they get tainted water.

sorry about my spelling :)
Oskar K

#106 TheLoyale

TheLoyale

Safariwagon: The Legend

• Members
  • 6,707 posts
  • Waukesha, WI

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:08 PM

get in touch, we can show you how to do donuts in a 87hp subaru :banana:

We have a guy by the name of MilesFox that can show us that aswell. Amazing what can be done with a 90hp Flat-4. Think if he got behind the wheel of a 300hp Flat-4 :eek: :grin:

-Tom

#107 oskar_subaru

oskar_subaru

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • Reykjavik, Iceland

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:00 PM

We have a guy by the name of MilesFox that can show us that aswell. Amazing what can be done with a 90hp Flat-4. Think if he got behind the wheel of a 300hp Flat-4 :eek: :grin:

-Tom

#108 TheLoyale

TheLoyale

• Members
  • 6,707 posts
  • Waukesha, WI

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:11 PM

Thats pretty amazing! But your cheating, its only RWD :grin: Try it with 4WD ingauged :banana:

Pretty cool what 90hp can do, the key is to break wheel grip with the tarmac and just keep the RPMs up. Nice video..

#109 oskar_subaru

oskar_subaru

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • Reykjavik, Iceland

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:02 PM

Thats pretty amazing! But your cheating, its only RWD :grin: Try it with 4WD ingauged :banana:

Pretty cool what 90hp can do, the key is to break wheel grip with the tarmac and just keep the RPMs up. Nice video..

just the first of many, i have way too much of tires that need to be converted to smoke

#110 oskar_subaru

oskar_subaru

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • Reykjavik, Iceland

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:39 PM

#111 TheLoyale

TheLoyale

• Members
  • 6,707 posts
  • Waukesha, WI

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:13 AM

Haha! that looks to effortless, what type of tires are you running - basic road tires or a type of semi-slick?

#112 KristjanJohann

KristjanJohann

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Reykjavik, Iceland

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:47 AM

Haha! that looks to effortless, what type of tires are you running - basic road tires or a type of semi-slick?

We dig in the tire-dumpsters for old tires that ppl think they have used up. But most often we find tires that have 40-50% left ;)

#113 TheLoyale

TheLoyale

• Members
  • 6,707 posts
  • Waukesha, WI

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:53 AM

We dig in the tire-dumpsters for old tires that ppl think they have used up. But most often we find tires that have 40-50% left ;)

:headbang:

So you help use them up for those fine people? :grin:

#114 swampbrat

swampbrat

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • Page Az

Posted 14 May 2010 - 04:54 PM

reduce, reuse, recycle, drift!:grin:

#115 oskar_subaru

oskar_subaru

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • Reykjavik, Iceland

Posted 15 May 2010 - 12:41 AM

i don´t remember witch those tires where, i go trough them too quick :banana:

Edited by oskar_subaru, 15 May 2010 - 12:51 AM.

#116 jonjon11

jonjon11

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Anchorage

Posted 16 May 2010 - 03:40 AM

What kind of Subaru is in the second picture?

#117 KristjanJohann

KristjanJohann

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Reykjavik, Iceland

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:56 PM

What kind of Subaru is in the second picture?

Subaru Brat EA81

#118 Yo'J

Yo'J

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • seattle

Posted 22 July 2011 - 01:09 AM

Bump. I love these.....

#119 tractor pole

tractor pole

[catch phrase here]

• Members
  • 546 posts
  • Monroe, WA

Posted 22 July 2011 - 01:22 AM

Bump for great pictures

a little bittersweet though, the pics of the volcano are very cool but, the volcano made it impossible for my wife's family to come from Germany for our wedding... oh well if I ever make it to Iceland, I promised my wife I would bring some rocks from home and throw them at the volcano.

Ben

#120 987687

Rally Suby!

• Members
  • 3,542 posts
  • Northern Maine

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:30 AM

I promised my wife I would bring some rocks from home and throw them at the volcano.

Ben

:lol:

I can't wait to get back to iceland some day. I have the most wonderful friends there that I miss very much.

#121 81EA81

81EA81

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 382 posts
  • Spokane,WA

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:44 PM

That was badass!Cool pics. I never knew a touring wagon had a taller roof.

#122 brumby420

brumby420

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • Athol Idaho

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:20 AM

Now those are some awesome pics.

#123 el_freddo

el_freddo

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Lancefield, Vic, Aust.

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:27 AM

Awesome pics! I can't wait to get a good DSLR... Just saving now!

You guys missed out on the EA81 sedan, the US the EA81 touring wagon (in areas from what I understand) - In Australia we missed out on the EA81 hatch and the EA82 coupe - I would love to do up one of those EA82 coupes! And we missed the Baja completely, I don't even think there's a country we can legally import them from!

Again, love the pics, starting to get the travel bug but would like to bring my subi with me... too many $$$$$ to do all of that though :(

Keep the pics coming!

Cheers

Bennie

#124 kiwi subbie

kiwi subbie

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 932 posts
  • Christchurch, New Zealand

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:25 AM

Awesome pics! I can't wait to get a good DSLR... Just saving now!

You guys missed out on the EA81 sedan, the US the EA81 touring wagon (in areas from what I understand) - In Australia we missed out on the EA81 hatch and the EA82 coupe - I would love to do up one of those EA82 coupes! And we missed the Baja completely, I don't even think there's a country we can legally import them from!

Again, love the pics, starting to get the travel bug but would like to bring my subi with me... too many $$$$$ to do all of that though :(

Keep the pics coming!

Cheers

Bennie

Theres atleast one Baja in Oz.
Remember seeing a pic a few years ago.

We didnt get them here either.
One place here got a rear cut of a Baja and reatached to a Lancaster.
Looks mint and cant tell the difference.

#125 SoobDood05

SoobDood05

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • Klamath Falls Oregon

Posted 13 August 2011 - 02:12 AM

These are awesome subarus! wish i could get my hands on a subaru coupe like that. id like to see more pics sometime:popcorn:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users