Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Old Subaru's from little Iceland

Wow! Those last shots are bloody amazing! What did you and your friends do? Run into the dust cloud and snap a few then run like lightning so as to not get hit by lightning?! Fantastic! Give praise to the guys holding the camera! Wow!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the toll on the local wildlife like? You think the ash has killed all in its path or are things just waiting to pop up after the assault is over? We really havent heard much over here besides the uk not flying and african flowers dying. Any concerns?

After seeing your pictures me and my gf are looking into spending a few weeks in Iceland next summer, looks absolutely amazing!

Is it going to be tricky without knowing the language or is English pretty common?

as kristján said,

we start learning english at the age of 7 and 90% of people here have no problem making themselves understandable.

get in touch, we can show you how to do donuts in a 87hp subaru :banana:

Wow! Those last shots are bloody amazing! What did you and your friends do? Run into the dust cloud and snap a few then run like lightning so as to not get hit by lightning?! Fantastic! Give praise to the guys holding the camera! Wow!

1500x zoom :)

Whats the toll on the local wildlife like? You think the ash has killed all in its path or are things just waiting to pop up after the assault is over? We really havent heard much over here besides the uk not flying and african flowers dying. Any concerns?

if i understand correctly the ash does not harm plants or trees unless it lies on them for some period of time, it has been raining allot in the worst areas this week and that helps to clean the ash from plants and fields.

however the ash does contain a fairly high concentration of Fluorine witch can poison animals that are left out in the ash or if they get tainted water.

sorry about my spelling :)

Oskar K

Thats pretty amazing! But your cheating, its only RWD :grin: Try it with 4WD ingauged :banana:

Pretty cool what 90hp can do, the key is to break wheel grip with the tarmac and just keep the RPMs up. Nice video..

just the first of many, i have way too much of tires that need to be converted to smoke

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Bump for great pictures

a little bittersweet though, the pics of the volcano are very cool but, the volcano made it impossible for my wife's family to come from Germany for our wedding... oh well if I ever make it to Iceland, I promised my wife I would bring some rocks from home and throw them at the volcano.

Ben

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome pics! I can't wait to get a good DSLR... Just saving now!

You guys missed out on the EA81 sedan, the US the EA81 touring wagon (in areas from what I understand) - In Australia we missed out on the EA81 hatch and the EA82 coupe - I would love to do up one of those EA82 coupes! And we missed the Baja completely, I don't even think there's a country we can legally import them from!

Again, love the pics, starting to get the travel bug but would like to bring my subi with me... too many $$$$$ to do all of that though :(

Keep the pics coming!

Cheers

Bennie

Awesome pics! I can't wait to get a good DSLR... Just saving now!

You guys missed out on the EA81 sedan, the US the EA81 touring wagon (in areas from what I understand) - In Australia we missed out on the EA81 hatch and the EA82 coupe - I would love to do up one of those EA82 coupes! And we missed the Baja completely, I don't even think there's a country we can legally import them from!

Again, love the pics, starting to get the travel bug but would like to bring my subi with me... too many $$$$$ to do all of that though :(

Keep the pics coming!

Cheers

Bennie

Theres atleast one Baja in Oz.

Remember seeing a pic a few years ago.

We didnt get them here either.

One place here got a rear cut of a Baja and reatached to a Lancaster.

Looks mint and cant tell the difference.

• 2 weeks later...