Ultimate Subaru Message Board

How many miles on your subaru?

The 89 loyale that I used to have was finaly sold at 280k when the original clutch went out. I probably could have gotten more miles out of the clutch but I was driving over white pass twice a day 4 days a week for the last year of its life. That car was purchased new by my inlaws, and was the best car they or I ever had.

Mike

'82 wagon had 224k when I finally gave up on the body... rust.... engine was still pretty good except for the carburetor was getting old.

'84 wagon had 220k or so on it... I sold it and the new owner put in a new oil pump and I saw it a few years later going up the canyon.

'85 wagon had about 215k on it when I sold it. It was junked by the new owner (still running fine but needed a new starter) about a year later. :mad:

'89 wagon had 243k when it lost a little chip of the exhaust valve... everything else seemed good inside though when I took the head off.

the "new" '97 OBS has 240k on it now. Seems to run great still.

on my 86 lifted wagon - over 500k miles. stopped keeping track 9 months ago when it hit 500

second engine (156k miles on this engine)

second transmission (trans had 270k miles on it when I put it in. that was over 100k miles ago)

Only thing original on this car: top half of rear seat, head liner, rear doors and gate. Everything else is off of about 20 diff EA82 series cars.