Ultimate Subaru Message Board

BOSS Gen 1 BRAT/4wd lift kit Christmas Deal

Ok, its gettin about that time, and Im going to make a first run of Gen 1 lift kits :banana:

These will be 4" kits, and will include 4" lift blocks, new Grade 8 USS mounting hardware, and new Metric bolts for the body :banana:

You will be responsible for the steering link extension, shifter mods, and longer brakelines, as well as any related hoses/wires that might be needed to make it work.

This is a special deal, for the first run, and I will sell these at a ridiculously low price of $200 plus shipping, but only for the first 5 buyers.

Thats right, the first 5 kits will be just $200 plus shipping :banana: Good luck finding a deal like that ANYWHERE but here.

Place your orders here, after the first 5 the price will be $350 for these kits.

I dont have paictures yet, as I havent built one yet, but if you've seen any of my other lifts, you know this stuff will outlast the car, no questions. Everything will be 1/4" thick steel, boxed and braced where it needs it.

This Offer ONLY applies to Gen 1 Brat/4wd lift kits. These kits will fit any 4wd Subaru from 1977-1979, Brats from 1977-1981, and possibly 1976-1977 Stage 1 4wds as well, but I'll have to check on that one.

I will try to have these built and shipped before Christmas, at the very latest before New Year's.

-Bill

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so it looks like I have 3 people here in on the $200 deal? I have made progress, and I look to be on schedule to have them shipped by Christmas. All I have left to do is make the front strut blocks and brace a few of the seperate blocks together for added strength. Some pics of what I have so far

parts for 4 kits (minus strut blocks)

IMG_0179.jpg

some pics of the 5th set of parts on one of my Brats

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

the blocks in these pics will be braced together for side-to-side stability

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

-Bill

Great Job Bill. I can't wait to get this baby installed on my BRAT:banana:. I also wanted to get together with you (when you have some time :lol:) to see about getting some off-road bumpers made for my GEN 1 BRAT.

I can shoot you a payment on the 20th (paypal cool?) or I can give you some cash when I pick up the kit.

Great Job Bill. I can't wait to get this baby installed on my BRAT:banana:. I also wanted to get together with you (when you have some time :lol:) to see about getting some off-road bumpers made for my GEN 1 BRAT.

I can shoot you a payment on the 20th (paypal cool?) or I can give you some cash when I pick up the kit.

paypal would be perfect. Let me know when you want to come up, we can shoot ideas for bumpers :brow:

-Bill

Bill,

Also One quick question.

Does this setup increase the angle of the CV Joints any? Or is this just a strait lift? Thanks. Damn this is awesome...

-Daniel

This will not increase the CV angles at all, I've learned that the early EA cars cannot take any extra CV angles due to the short shafts, so all the angles will be stock when the wheels are on and it gets set on the ground.

It is highly recomended that you have a 4 wheel alignment done by a good shop after this lift, all the adjustment for the rear alignment is in the rear tosrion bar mounting bolts.

-Bill

Ok, great!

-Daniel

This will not increase the CV angles at all, I've learned that the early EA cars cannot take any extra CV angles due to the short shafts, so all the angles will be stock when the wheels are on and it gets set on the ground.

It is highly recomended that you have a 4 wheel alignment done by a good shop after this lift, all the adjustment for the rear alignment is in the rear tosrion bar mounting bolts.

-Bill

A couple more teasers for ya'll :grin:

With this kit, you will go from this:

100_0073.jpg

To this:

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

Im having a small issue with my Metric bolts, I got them ordered, and they shipped about 3 weeks ago. The nuts have come in, but the bolts are still in transit I am told :mad: so hopefully they will be delivered come Tomorrow morning, or some heads are gonna roll.

Partially due to the bolt setback, the estimated shipping date will be the first week of January, no later. I will PM all of you when I have the kits wieghed, PM me with your shipping info and I will get quotes for the shipping. Thanks!

-Bill

:banana: I'm stoked. Think I'll be able to squeeze 215/85R15 Tsl super swampers under there with minimal cutting? If not i'll just do major cutting!

Glad see it looks great, can't wait!

And you should have my shipping info...

Edited by RebelYJ

Ok, one last proposal for you guys, let me know what you think.

Due to the weather, it going to be hard for me to actually go cut up my parts Brat to make the jigs to brace the tranny blocks and rear inner torsion bar blocks together within my deadline, so I am asking if you wouldnt mind taking a raincheck on those parts.

I have a full kit installed on my Brat, and I do not believe that not having the bracing will be any problem at all, as I know these rigs will not be hardcore wheeled like the EA82's. Its more than stable as it sits right now.

So, I intend to ship the kits with individual blocks as seen in the photos above. In the spring, when I can get my car cut up and jigged up to do all the bracing, I will offer the new connected parts to you all, and I will ship them to you at no charge, just send the individual parts back to me when you get the new connected pieces.

Let me know if you like this idea, if not, then I will bust rump roast to get them all braced now, but this would definitely make things easier for me right now :)

-Bill

Ok, one last proposal for you guys, let me know what you think.

Due to the weather, it going to be hard for me to actually go cut up my parts Brat to make the jigs to brace the tranny blocks and rear inner torsion bar blocks together within my deadline, so I am asking if you wouldnt mind taking a raincheck on those parts.

I have a full kit installed on my Brat, and I do not believe that not having the bracing will be any problem at all, as I know these rigs will not be hardcore wheeled like the EA82's. Its more than stable as it sits right now.

So, I intend to ship the kits with individual blocks as seen in the photos above. In the spring, when I can get my car cut up and jigged up to do all the bracing, I will offer the new connected parts to you all, and I will ship them to you at no charge, just send the individual parts back to me when you get the new connected pieces.

Let me know if you like this idea, if not, then I will bust rump roast to get them all braced now, but this would definitely make things easier for me right now :)

-Bill

Bill,

I think they will be fine like they are now. With the length of trans mount and the way it's installed, I don't see where it could go. Also, the web thickness of the tubes you used... That would be very hard to roll or flatten that tube. Why add the extra weight?

-Daniel