Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Any Le Canadiens on this board?

I'm not french Canadian. but I'm just wondering whether there are any other Canadian voices here?? Seems like Subaru mecca is down south in PA, VA, NJ etc, along with out west OR, WA. Hence most of the members are from there. Seems its a little quiet up here, especially when neat old soobs are constanly coming up for sale down south. Up here, well, I had a look in all the yards, found an xt, gl hatch.... I still havn't even seen an RX in my life yet. Its way too quiet for an old school fan here, looking for company.

Mark,

hello fellow canucks:D

I'm located in brampton, ontario

BoxersOnly; i see you posting on the toronto-subaru-club as well

LegacyT; seen you on legacycentral as well; are you going to pierce neige by any chance? (rally in quebec)

Small world:D

I'm in Vancouver. A friendly hello to you out East! I have an '02 WRX Sedan and have also picked up a '95 Impreza L Coupe that I dedicated to TSD rallying and have intentions on preparing for performance rally. There aren't more than a couple of wreckers out here that have Subarus so it can be hard to find used parts. How about over there?

Martin

Hi legacy T, i just moved back from Vancouver there seemed to be quite a few Turbos around in Van just look on the buyandsell web site aslo if you wanted to put it on a train i know that it would cost about $800 to ship it to Toronto. What year was that XT that you found and was it in Ottawa? Cool to see more Canadians on the board. I have my XT here i also had a 5spd D/R 85 wagon but i sold it before i left i was sad to see it go:( Also i hate that damn salt as well.

Take care

Shane

heres the link to the buyandsell

http://www.buysell.com/search.asp?qu=subaru&id=1&Submit=search&search=all

Originally posted by Zefy

Hi there,

i am in Vancouver B.C. and i am as far as i know the only Brat owner in B.C. or even maybe Canada! if anybody knows anybody else with a Brat in Canada let me know.

There used to be a couple Gen1 Brats around here, I think one of them moved to Revelstoke. One of the board members (rguyver) in Kelowna has a turbo Brat, and I think he or one of his friends has another.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey any Ontarions looking for a project.....

I have a 1982 (authentic) Subaru convertible. It is diffinately a project car and I have two donar cars to complete it. I am thinking about an out of sight out of mind deal. Not for sure, but just seeing if theres any interest out there.........

By the way where does one post car sales on USMB....

Thanks Rob

I skimmed threw TSC and it seems like its only new generation folks. I don't know if this crew would appreciate chrome bumpers, pushrod motors, and less than 100hp.........but may give it a try in the future.

thanks again....

Theres me out on Vancouver Island. I've only ever seen 1 (gen2)brat out here on the island. Theres friggin loyales and wagons everywhere though, a few rx's, lots of new gen. I would say the ea82 wagon is the most popular single model of import out here.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, I'm from Victoria and there is tons of loyale's around and the newer gen stuff. I have seen 2 brats. One that was old, might have been a gen1 but probably a 2 and one that was in really good condition. I dont know if I will make it to WCSS6.

Yup, I'm one (by choice, not by birth).

I've been a satisfied (more or less) Subaru owner since 1986. The only unsatisfactory Subaru I've owned is a 95 Legacy Brighton wagon, which I bought used a year ago last November. I unloaded it in a trade on a new Legacy sedan just last week. I made the dealer who sold me that Brighton feel REAL bad! What a piece of s..t.

I wish Legacy sedans were available in manual transmission here in North America.

• 1 year later...