Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA81 Water Pump Question and Lift Steering Extention Question

who else has a double belt setup on their ea81 and what is the part number for the water pump with the dual pulley i cant find it any where online, or in parts stores.

DSCF1398.jpg

i took everyones advice and put in a double u-joint extension in but i couldn't figure out how you guys put one piece extensions in i had to use a flange to get it to go in. so my question is, is this acceptable?

DSCF1399.jpg

but i know it is a better solution than what i had

DSCF1389.jpg

Edited by ()__1337_CRAYOLA__()>

That's an EA81 Turbo water pump (and crank pulley I might add). The pulley is removable from the pump but you will need the EA81T pump to bolt your pulley to obviously.

*edit* - Rockauto has em for $38.

Obviously you have a good deal of EA81T parts there - is the engine not a turbo? If not then someone stripped a turbo and added them to a another hydro block....

I have a collection of those very same parts for modding an EA81 when I get the chance.

Steering looks fine - it works right? As long as it works that's all that counts.

GD

Edited by GeneralDisorder

wow no it is a ea81 with ea82 fuel injection... and thats kinda weird someone put a turbo pulley and water pump on a N/A Block

and yes the steering works way better without the rag joints it's a lot smoother now but i was just curious if the 2 12mm bolts holding it together was enough in other peoples oppinion.

They did that as it's the only way to properly run the EA81T power steering setup. Ultimately that's what they were after and running everything from a single belt is too much - the single belt can't transfer that much power without being super tight and that leads to bearing failure in the accesories. It was done the right way - that's basically the way the EA82's are setup and it's as it should be.

Just pickup an EA81T water pump - no problem.

Those bolts should be fine. Can you snap them off with the steering wheel? Didn't think so.....

GD