Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

EA81 Water Pump Question and Lift Steering Extention Question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ()__1337_CRAYOLA__()>

()__1337_CRAYOLA__()>

Soob Finatic

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Burien/Des Moines

Posted 30 November 2009 - 01:26 AM

who else has a double belt setup on their ea81 and what is the part number for the water pump with the dual pulley i cant find it any where online, or in parts stores.

Posted Image

i took everyones advice and put in a double u-joint extension in but i couldn't figure out how you guys put one piece extensions in i had to use a flange to get it to go in. so my question is, is this acceptable?

Posted Image

but i know it is a better solution than what i had

Posted Image

Edited by ()__1337_CRAYOLA__()>, 30 November 2009 - 01:29 AM.

#2 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,281 posts
  • Portland

Posted 30 November 2009 - 01:32 AM

That's an EA81 Turbo water pump (and crank pulley I might add). The pulley is removable from the pump but you will need the EA81T pump to bolt your pulley to obviously.

*edit* - Rockauto has em for $38.

Obviously you have a good deal of EA81T parts there - is the engine not a turbo? If not then someone stripped a turbo and added them to a another hydro block....

I have a collection of those very same parts for modding an EA81 when I get the chance.

Steering looks fine - it works right? As long as it works that's all that counts.

GD

Edited by GeneralDisorder, 30 November 2009 - 01:36 AM.

#3 ()__1337_CRAYOLA__()>

()__1337_CRAYOLA__()>

Soob Finatic

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Burien/Des Moines

Posted 30 November 2009 - 01:38 AM

wow no it is a ea81 with ea82 fuel injection... and thats kinda weird someone put a turbo pulley and water pump on a N/A Block

and yes the steering works way better without the rag joints it's a lot smoother now but i was just curious if the 2 12mm bolts holding it together was enough in other peoples oppinion.

#4 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,281 posts
  • Portland

Posted 30 November 2009 - 01:50 AM

They did that as it's the only way to properly run the EA81T power steering setup. Ultimately that's what they were after and running everything from a single belt is too much - the single belt can't transfer that much power without being super tight and that leads to bearing failure in the accesories. It was done the right way - that's basically the way the EA82's are setup and it's as it should be.

Just pickup an EA81T water pump - no problem.

Those bolts should be fine. Can you snap them off with the steering wheel? Didn't think so.....

GD

#5 ()__1337_CRAYOLA__()>

()__1337_CRAYOLA__()>

Soob Finatic

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Burien/Des Moines

Posted 30 November 2009 - 01:51 AM

alright cool turbo pump it is

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users