Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Ignition Coil question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fauxden

fauxden

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Idaho

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:43 AM

Whats the advantage to upgrading the ignition coil in my 86 gl wagon? Ea82. I was just curious, i was reading on the 'online repair manual' thing on the 80s subaru website and they had a section on the thing. I was looking on ebay and i can get one for like 10 bucks, so if it does anything worthwhile, and it seems like an easy install, why not. So whats the point?

Thanks

#2 markjw

markjw

Elite Master of the Search Function

• Members
  • 809 posts
  • Lacey,Wash.

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:48 AM

From what I have read on the board here,upgrading the coil is a complete waste of time and money. And, can actually lead to ignition trouble down the road. Best to stick with a stock one.

#3 grossgary

grossgary

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,091 posts
  • WV

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:50 AM

From what I have read on the board here,upgrading the coil is a complete waste of time and money. And, can actually lead to ignition trouble down the road. Best to stick with a stock one.

+1 this isn't the part to put any upgrade money into. you can search and read ALL about it on here, it's been discussed before.

#4 quartus

quartus

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Gordonsville, VA

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:33 AM

Save your money & time! Here's my experience.
http://www.ultimates...ad.php?t=104088 :eek:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users