Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Supercharger?

A few people have tried them on the later EJ motors, and Ive seen pictures of a custom-built EA71 that had a blower built for a VW on it, with a custom intake manifold. The engine was far from stock though, and it appeared to have been running lean and melted itself at some point...

I know a guy who is mounting a BDS Blower on a 2.2, hoping to have it done by next year's WCSS too...

Thats pretty much all I know about superchargers on Subarus for certain.

-Bill

In the world of superchargers where no kit is available, fabrication skills are required. Here is a nice blower that will suit a Subaru quite nicely.

I bought this F ageol/KF Industries 70 cubic inch, 2 lobe, roots type blower about 15 years ago.

Cnv0009.jpg

This was not a kit, but simply a brand new blower that the buyer would fab all of the other components for, in his or her application. I wanted to put it on the 1.6 in my Sentra. So I started machining a custom blower manifold, and assembling Nissan timing belt and gears for the drive.

DSC03539-1.jpg

Mock up before welding.

DSC03538-1.jpg

DSC03537-1.jpg

DSC03536-1.jpg

But I got involved in far too many other car projects and never finished it. I paid $850 for the new blower way back then and will let the whole package go for $500.

Mike

It just occurred to me that I left out the details. I shouldn't have assumed everyone knows about F ageol blowers. [i added the space because the profanity filter on this board won't allow the letters "f" "A' and "g" to be used sequencially]. They were made in the early 80's up to about 2002 to wake up the anemic cars and light trucks being sold back then.

F ageol Superchargers manufactures four sizes of superchargers 33.5, 48.3, 63.2 and 70.6 cubic inch per revolution. [Mine is the Max 30 model - 70.6 unit]. These can cover 4 cycle engines from a .5 to 3 liters displacement with one supercharger.

They are made from high quality materials, 4340 gears and shafts and viton rotor seals with extruded aluminum center section. All parts are precision machined to aircraft specs.

Their website is located HERE.

Click on the link for the S10 kit and look at the price sheet. This blower is listed separately for $1075.25, and that was 20+ years ago.

Here's pic of one on a custom made manifold for the 2.8 liter Chevy S-10 V6.

fabricatedpopoff2.jpg

Hi This Jerry, thats the blower that i have that i am making the intake for my 2.2 engine. It will have 2 two barrel carbs on it, yes i have to make the intake. Thanks Jerry
Sounds really interesting Jerry. Maybe you could post a picture or two of it so far?

Mike