Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Aftermarket wheels for 92 Loyale, wanting 14" wheels

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 vespa93103

vespa93103

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Santa Barbara

Posted 06 December 2009 - 10:45 AM

HI

I'm looking to retrofit my stock wheels with some bigger ones to give a greater tire choice and to increase clearance.

What is available?
Do you have a link?
What is the largest size tire that I can put on there without altering the suspension?

Thank you very much

Mike

#2 87glsubie

87glsubie

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • Longview WA

Posted 06 December 2009 - 11:00 AM

pretty limited. you can finde either peugeot wheels or go to allied aramament and get theres. idk of much else. alot of people do the 5 lug conversion or the 8 lug custom fit idea

#3 Markus56

Markus56

Whup tee do

• Members
  • 794 posts
  • Wolf Point, Montana

Posted 06 December 2009 - 02:43 PM

The easiest thing you can do is find some Peugeot rims or re-drill some six lugs. The Peugeot rims cost an arm and a leg in most cases and you can pick up a set of six lugs from a junk yard for around 50 bucks. Try your local craigslist as well. i picked up some 15" rims with tires for 40 bucks.

#4 Markus56

Markus56

Whup tee do

• Members
  • 794 posts
  • Wolf Point, Montana

Posted 06 December 2009 - 02:44 PM

pretty limited. you can finde either peugeot wheels or go to allied aramament and get theres. idk of much else. alot of people do the 5 lug conversion or the 8 lug custom fit idea

what is this 8 lug you speak of?

#5 flatfour73

flatfour73

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • las vegas

Posted 11 January 2011 - 05:45 AM

If you get steel 6 lugs you can drill two holes on the wheels. if you want to go alluminum you will have to drill the other four holes in the rotors.

#6 ShawnW

ShawnW

Subaru Master Technician

• Administrator
  • 12,931 posts
  • Denver, Colorado

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:08 PM

I can order you a crossbred performance kit. Full 5 lug conversion including front struts, all brakes, rear e brake conversion. This is the really class way to convert.

http://www.crossbredperformance.com/

#7 baja

baja

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • utah

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:59 AM

i would just do the steel 6 lugs its easy and the wheels easy to come buy
thats what i did i couldn't find pugs for the life of me
and i think there kind of ugly wheels anyway

#8 cmiller

cmiller

Flat 4

• Members
  • 735 posts
  • Tigard, OR

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:29 PM

I can order you a crossbred performance kit. Full 5 lug conversion including front struts, all brakes, rear e brake conversion. This is the really class way to convert.

http://www.crossbredperformance.com/

What's the pricing for one of these kits to fit a '92 Loyale?

#9 ShawnW

ShawnW

Subaru Master Technician

• Administrator
  • 12,931 posts
  • Denver, Colorado

Posted 23 January 2011 - 12:28 AM

Last time I did exchange rate, shipping, etc it came to $1000 but the nice thing is you can actually stop, find parts for the car later, and the rear ebrake is pretty darn cool. My 83 is sitting in the driveway tonight with 2009 WRX wheels, 2000 2.5RS front brakes, outback rear brakes, impreza struts.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users