100_3053.jpg?t=1260139901

The fender was a little bent when I got it:

IMG_0335.jpg?t=1260139966

But I have since pulled it out:

100_3054.jpg?t=1260140031

The thing that bothers me the most:

100_3057.jpg?t=1260140078

I need a new headliner!

But this is without a doubt the most rust free gen 1 Brat I have ever owned.:banana:Now I just need to put a motor in it.

Richard

Worked on it today and ended up tearing the dash out and the whole heter box. Never thought I would find another good heater control valve and heater core. They both appear to be in good shape. They were still hooked up to the car when it last ran and there is no sign of any coolant leaks on the floor. The only real problem I have for the interior is it is getting wet. The passenger side floor was soaked. Time for a new windshield gasket. Too bad I only have 1 new one left. I need that one for my 76 wagon.

Hey SubieGuy,

Don't throw away that old headliner. It's far better than mine ('79 GL Brat).

Yah. That speaker "freak" must have had something to do with the After Market Moon/Sun roof in mine. The roof install was well done but they butchered the headliner and provided no support for the cutout opening. It has now curled down and cracked around the hole corners.

Talk to me about a deal on your old one.

Steve

• 8 months later...

Thanks, The interior is bad. Could use replacing every piece of it. That's due to it's whole life spent in the mojave desert till I got it. Kept it from getting rusty though:lol:. Fixed the lights today too. Only had low beam headlights. Ended up only needing to clean the contacts on the fuse box to get all the lights working again. I can't wait to get my parts to fix the front end and find new front struts and rear shocks.

Well I have the quad light setup so mine might be a little different than yours. I just cleaned all the terminals on the fuse box with a wire brush. I pulled 1 fuse at a time and cleaned them. Worked for me. As for the rear shocks, I have not found any yet. I used to know a place that carried KYB shocks but I bought their last pair last december and they went into the 76 wagon that I had.

There's no matching left mirror for the type on the Brat in this picture -post #1. The set I took home with me is for the '79 ,like I said ,they didn't start dual mirrors untill '79 so they are not the same style.

All that said I have here at home a new set of 1979 side view mirrors.

PM and we'll talk soon.