Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ej22 transplant in 81 gl wagon

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 hippyloc

hippyloc

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Kiezer/Salem

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:51 PM

I had read on here that a 96 ej22 could be transplanted into my 81 gl wagon. I am in the prosses of tracking down a motor to slam in there, but I have never done this before. I want to make sure that I get the proper motor so that I don't have excess modifying to do. :-\ I am going to run my original 4sp manual trans, and later get a lift kit from allied armament.:grin: I am hoping to find a motor with the wiring harness and ecu. If anyone has experience with this or knowledge about the process, then please give advice.:)

#2 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,423 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:26 PM

search, there is a ton of information on here....and it can be readily found.look around, and enjoy,your about to be blown away......cheers, rbain

#3 hippyloc

hippyloc

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Kiezer/Salem

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:20 AM

I thought there was info on here! I had read something about it before. Thanks for the reply.

#4 hippyloc

hippyloc

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Kiezer/Salem

Posted 13 March 2010 - 01:17 PM

I found a 97' OBS w/ a N/A EJ22. Picked up an adapter plate from SJR and am in the process of clearing out the shop. I am totally stoked about getting this EJ in my 81'. I haven't been able to find anything about it, but I want to try to use as much of the OBS wiring, interior on my 81'. I know that most all of the EJ swaps I have read about are OBDI's, but I am going to try to get as much of this OBDII in. Still have to get my totalled 82' GL out of the way before I can really get into it. Speaking of. . . I have an ad for parts, if anyone is interested. I am no tech, and don't have any welding experience, but I am going to dive in head first!:lol: If there are any suggestions or comments, please let me know. Hopefully I will document enough of this project for future interest.

#5 hippyloc

hippyloc

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Kiezer/Salem

Posted 13 March 2010 - 03:49 PM

Here are some before pics!

http://s883.photobuc...fore EJ22 Swap/

As you can see the rear valance on my 81' is shot! So luckily enough I have body parts still useable from my 82'.

More pics to come. Especially as I begin making progress!!! :rolleyes:

Edited by hippyloc, 24 March 2010 - 12:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users