Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

performance thoughts(just dreaming up thoughts)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 87glsubie

87glsubie

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • Longview WA

Posted 15 December 2009 - 03:24 PM

For the record i am only dreamin. yah haha. anyways. anyone ever considered doing a stroker kit maybe?? lengthen the stroke possibly?? im not quite sure how to do it but idk machine the bearings out to accomadate a longer stroked crank out of flat four. vw or subie or..... frick who knows maybe one out of a completly different type of engine. i enjoy trying to make stuff work.

#2 Breeke

Breeke

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • Onalaska, WA

Posted 15 December 2009 - 03:47 PM

That is a thought. Seems to be the easier and better way around it is to swap in a EJ22 and be done with it. No dicking around making a stroker.

However, I don't see why you can't explore. Grab a spare motor, tear it down and play around till you figure it out. Sounds like a way to spend a weekend.

-Caleb

#3 87glsubie

87glsubie

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • Longview WA

Posted 15 December 2009 - 11:27 PM

considering i have a spare from when i toasted my heads when my water pump went out yes. hah woulda made it home and saved if id waited longer for the engine to cool b4 adding water damn. oh well hah

#4 cubastreet

cubastreet

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 281 posts
  • Wellington

Posted 18 December 2009 - 01:04 PM

don't forget to get hold of some shorter rods....

#5 Breeke

Breeke

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • Onalaska, WA

Posted 18 December 2009 - 01:32 PM

don't forget to get hold of some shorter rods....

Naaaaaa.......LOL :lol:

#6 87glsubie

87glsubie

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • Longview WA

Posted 19 December 2009 - 03:08 AM

or pistons hah or machine the pistons so the the valves will clear.

#7 Ricearu

Ricearu

Official De-Ricer!

• Members
  • 1,208 posts
  • DFW, TX

Posted 19 December 2009 - 09:25 AM

what sux about building for perfomace ea engines, is they just don't flow through the heads.

#8 vagen

vagen

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 401 posts
  • Charlotte, NC

Posted 19 December 2009 - 01:39 PM

I have heard an urban legend that ea71 pistons in an ea81/82 will raise the compression and a set of MPFI heads will flow better than the standard 2 ports. I have not seen this setup myself but I can say having a turbo car the MPFI head design is a huge improvement over the 2 port. the cost of building a high compression mpfi head ea82 might far exceed the cost of swapping in an ej.

#9 Uberoo

Uberoo

Subaru Wheeler

• Members
  • 3,419 posts
  • lewiston,ID

Posted 19 December 2009 - 02:26 PM

what about doing all that to a 2.2?

#10 4WDFrenzy

4WDFrenzy

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 02:53 PM

I have had many dreams for my ol' Draggin' Wagon, but it died and is currently on life support(stuck inside a storage unit). I haven't figured out whether I want to put another engine in it or shoot it with my shotgun..LOL.:lol: I was thinking of possibly parting it at one point.

-Patrick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users