Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 name of gasket ?????

What is the name of the gasket the is located on the engine block, behind the flyweel? It is kinda like an oil pan gasket (it in fact does seals oil). There is a mettle plate that fits over the top of the gasket anbd is held with like 6 bolts that are just like the oil pan bolt. This gasket was included in a Oil gasket set that included the pan gasket, mickey mouse gasket for the oil pump and a few more. Any names for it?????????

Wolfeel, the pan you speak of is only found on turbo cars (maybe MPFI also) it is just a passage way for fumes coming off of the oil in the oil pan so they can be drawn into the PCV system.

Look on a turbo car you will see a nipple on the back almost center of the block. This goes into the volume under the pan you question. Under the pan at the bottom you will see an opening into the oil pan.

Fumes pass up through the pan and into the PCV system.

Hope this helps.

Huffamoose??

the gasket you refer to is only on turbo motors. if you get the complete gasket set from NAPA, it will be included.

the gasket and cover are part of the PCV system, where the pcv line goes into the top of the block

here are some NAPA parts numbers, and soob parts guide genuine parts numbers

NAPA

genuine parts no. 85 up

Thanks for helping identify the name. By doing a web search first using the name "oil separator cover gasket" and other searches with a name close to that I could not find any results. I also tried searching part vendors web pages using their category search and typing in the gasket name and could not find anything.

Does anyone know where I can find on online?

I will check my local parts supply shop and then if they can't help I will most likely go to the dealer or just make it out of cork board.

Thanks again for all the help!!