Ultimate Subaru Message Board

5 lug swap complete...notes etc

if your using ea81 rod ends make sure you use 16 inch rims or bigger...the 15 inch factory alloys i'm running needed a 5mm spacer plate to prevent the rod ends hitting the rim at full suspension drop

is that with full lock to lock as in it interferes when the vehicle is on the ground at ride height and you turn the wheel full lock?

Kaz

I still don't understand how that happened, but it obviously did. :confused:

do you think XT6 rod ends would solve that problem, though? I'm not clear where you were having the issue, so I'm not sure how to prevent it.

it was contacting when the suspension was at simultaneously at full suspension drop and at full lock...I.E up on a jackstands with the wheel cranked round to full lock.

it didn't contact with the suspension at normal height...i.e wheels on ground and at full lock

i have XT6 rod ends on it

the get "certed" to be road-legal here it can't touch at any point....and steering gear touching things tends to be a bad idea at the best of times

it was contacting when the suspension was at simultaneously at full suspension drop and at full lock...I.E up on a jackstands with the wheel cranked round to full lock.

it didn't contact with the suspension at normal height...i.e wheels on ground and at full lock

i have XT6 rod ends on it

the get "certed" to be road-legal here it can't touch at any point....and steering gear touching things tends to be a bad idea at the best of times

hmm I guess that explains why the crossbred kit has spacers that fit on the rack to prevent just this event..good to know.. thanks for clarifying

Kaz