Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Mystery Toggle

No one was able to answer this before, but maybe somoene who didn't catch the old thread, or someone new might...

Under my dash, below the winter/summer switch for my wipers, and above my hood release, I have a plain toggle switch, which has wires going towards my engine. Does anyone have any clue what it might be? I've driven with it in both positions and can't tell any difference in how the car behaves.

have you tried tracing the wires under the hood to see exactly where they go/lead too???

The switch may have been to something that a previous owner had added, like auxiliary lights, but removed before they sold the car....

I would try tracing the wires from the switch all the way thru the firewall and see where they lead you....

I'm with everyone else, It's not stock and it's an alarm or lights!

Wires should be easy to follow because they're probably not in the harness.

My car had the same thing in the same place----Lights!

Good luck,

82 Summer, almost wired:D

01 Forester, factory driving lights. :-p

Actually, it probably is an alarm - when I bought the car, it had an alarm sticker in the window and came with an alarm remote, but I never actually bothered to think about it, because I never noticed an alarm system anywhere. Ah well.

gregg, like you just said, most likly it is because i had a 94 mazda truck for a while, it had an alarm, and had a toggle, that when flipped one way it would automatically set the alarm after 30 seconds after the car was off and door was shut, other way it turned that function off.

Shean