Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Weber Air Filter Clearance

So I finally got around to putting the Weber on my '86 Brat that has been sitting in my room for 4 weeks and I can't close the hood! Car runs great, but the hood makes solid contact with my shiny new chrome filter...did I do something wrong? :confused:

Probably need a shorter filter element.

Just latch it with the safety latch and dont drive fast :rolleyes:. But seriously i know what you mean. I did the swap..went to close my hood and...DOH. Didnt close. The 2.5 inch filter is nice for lifted rigs where the engine is farther down than a stock rig. They also work in Gen 1s i believe but otherwise your going to be looking at the shorter filter. Where did you buy the weber from? If you bought it from overseas (bigjim), he should send ya a new one for free. If not then your on your own.

Yeah I bought it from my brother; he works at CarQuest and gets a little butt hurt when I purchase parts elsewhere. At least he gets me a decent price. Suppose I will just hold onto it cause I am planning the lift and 2.2 swap this spring/summer (I am going to go carb style, wires hate me.)