Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Solo wheelin in Custer

SoobieDoo

We had our stepson come up for a visit this weekend, so thought it might be fun to do some spur of the moment wheelin. Pamela took the bronco for a recovery vehicle, and took all the pics. It was quite the challenge! :banana:

The mud was permafrost, not allowing for much of a run at the pits. It was rough going...I imagine much like rock crawling. The pits were iced over about 2 inches, full of water, and prob some cold thickened mud at the bottom. Much different than the last time I was there with NWOG! I got stuck just once, but had to rock out of several other areas. Here's some of the better pics, with a slideshow of the rest:

DSC01210.jpg

DSC01277.jpg

DSC01218.jpg

DSC01273.jpg

http://s387.photobucket.com/albums/oo319/ericget/Custer%20wheelin%20december%2027th%202009/?albumview=slideshow

More good times!!! :grin:

Sorry Jeff, it was too late in the day this time. The kid was doing nothing but playing on the xbox, so we left after 2:00 and wheeled until dark. Normally I'd get a much earlier start, but being so close to home allows for this sort of thing. Next time I'll at least give you the chance. :)