Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Sand Lake run January 17th or 24th???

cmiller

I know a bunch of us have been throwing the idea around so I wanted to start a thread to organize a run down to Sand Lake sometime January. The ATV's, Dirt Bikes, etc... should be few and the sand should be a bit more packed from the rain.

What weekends work for those interested? I talked with Chaz and Sundays are good for him and fine with me too.

Let's shoot for the 17th of January. We can all meet at this location say around 10am, (Sandlake Grocery & Gas).

OregonCoastMap.jpg

SandLake-1.jpg

SandLake-7.jpg

Its 11 miles South of Tillamook, OR. Looks like each vehicle is required to have an Off Road Permit which we can get at the gas station there, a 9' orange flag on vehicle, and a working fire extinguisher.

So far we have going:

cmiller

TeamCF

scoobyclimbs

mthoodsub

daredevil1166

obk25XT

MrGlegacy

Gloyale

sube4X4

coldfusion21

Breeke

4tes

We will be on CB channel 22.

If any changes or additions please let us know. Looks to be a great group!

Edited by cmiller

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Count me in. :)

Either weekend proly works for me.

Big thing is if I'm still needing to drive my sweety into work on weekends or not. Kinda cuts the time I have available down. (drop her off at 8am, pick her up at 5pm) But she thinks the weekend shift will stop some after the holidays.

New job and they are trying to make sure she gets the full 40 every week with holidays off right now.

It's also soon enough my tags will still be good if I have an issue with DEQ. :rolleyes: Those are expired after January.

Also be sure to have $5 cash on hand for the day permit out there.

hehe. Gregg and his card, I've payed his way in a couple times.

And shovels/straps are good in case some burying of a Soob happens.

Compressor for airing back up at the end of the day, ect.

Im down to go.

I wont have my wagon though(totaled last month) :(

I will have my 4wd Toyota, if thats cool with you guys? I want to see how it does compared to what the wagon could do out there.

That's cool. I figure this will be the first time in a long time I'll even be wheeling in a group that has any Soobs other than myself. So a little extra flavor is no biggie, at least to me. :)

i'm thinkin bout it!! its still up in the air for me, and i'm thinkin ooooooh sand in all my parts... ugh.... would a welded diff be better?? i dont like the way it handles but may be beneficial in those conditions.. ps, i'm rollin 6" d/r ej22....:grin:

i'm thinkin bout it!! its still up in the air for me, and i'm thinkin ooooooh sand in all my parts... ugh.... would a welded diff be better?? i dont like the way it handles but may be beneficial in those conditions.. ps, i'm rollin 6" d/r ej22....:grin:

You proly will not need a welded diff.

I've ran open and welded out there at various times of the year and you really have to get in a weird spot for a welded diff to be of any help. (or an open diff to be of any hurt)

Unless you really slide into one of the "ATV holes" at an angle you'll be fine open.

But it's up to you. There are few chewed up spots out there that being locked in the rear can help. But there's also plenty of fun to be had where it'll really offer no advantage at all.

hehe

Looks like there are gonna be alot of EJ'd rides out there for this one.

I'll be the slug of the group. You guys can all tow me up the big hills..... :lol:

MrGlegacy: Yeah you'll need a flag. You can proly get one at the gas station/ATV shop that is there. But I would not count on the shop part being open that early in the winter. Plus it's easier figuring out where you wanna mount it if you get it ahead of time at an ATV shop around home. :) (usually around $20 or so with mount)

I believe it's pretty much planned for the 17th.

Edited by TeamCF

This suck I work weekends so it always means I will never be able to hang with you guys I always see cmiller on I5 oh well to the snow I go miss you guys have fun for me

Too bad, we'll miss you out there! Maybe some other time.

Everyone I updated the time to meet for 10am so those that have a long drive to get over there will have enough time for the trip. Looks like we will have a good group.

Everyone I updated the time to meet for 10am so those that have a long drive to get over there will have enough time for the trip. Looks like we will have a good group.

Sounds good. :)

My "non EJ'd" Soob :rolleyes: and the fact I've had enough run in's with the blue and red disco in the rearview mirror headed to the coast over 2009. Means I'll proly just be pokin along like a grandma in a overloaded Yugo pulling a camper trailer full of rabid donkeys with half the cylinders dead and a healthy rod knock to get there. :lol:

Sounds good. :)

My "non EJ'd" Soob :rolleyes: and the fact I've had enough run in's with the blue and red disco in the rearview mirror headed to the coast over 2009. Means I'll proly just be pokin along like a grandma in a overloaded Yugo pulling a camper trailer full of rabid donkeys with half the cylinders dead and a healthy rod knock to get there. :lol:

:lol: nice!

I'll keep updating the first post in this thread with all of the relevant info for everyone so you don't have to sift through pages of posts to find out whats going on.