Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA81 blower motor location?

I have the glove box, lower shelf and kick panels removed on my 1984 wagon but still can't find the stupid blower motor! Is it inside one of the two big black box contraptions? I'm having a hard time getting these things shifted around to see what's in/behind them, I swear every clip, screw and bolt has been removed! :-\

HELP!

I have the glove box, lower shelf and kick panels removed on my 1984 wagon but still can't find the stupid blower motor! Is it inside one of the two big black box contraptions? I'm having a hard time getting these things shifted around to see what's in/behind them, I swear every clip, screw and bolt has been removed! :-\

HELP!

It truly is down there. Upper right hand corner way front. It's the round motor housing bolted in with three 10 mm screws if I remember correctly. Blower itself is on the other end of the motor.

Just for grins, you DO have a left hand drive car don't you? Can't tell without your location.

Its there! believe you me, I've got quite acquainted with it recently. Far right corner. Its probably hiding under the bundles of wires. most likely a silver capped looking thing. Now, DONT remove the silver cap itself! there's a black plate that goes around it that has those 3 10mm screws.

-Justin

Sweet! I found it, just like you guys said, it's literally on the backside of the black, plastic box-thing in the far back/right of the dash. I knocked it around with a hammer, plugged it back in and it doesn't look like this one is good...So, off to the yard I go to find another!

Sweet! I found it, just like you guys said, it's literally on the backside of the black, plastic box-thing in the far back/right of the dash. I knocked it around with a hammer, plugged it back in and it doesn't look like this one is good...So, off to the yard I go to find another!

Well, now you know where to find it in the yard.

• 2 years later...

it was that pesky glass fuse under the dash on the driver's side, next to the fuse box inside one of those in-line white plastic fuse protectors. the thing fell apart when I tried to remove it.

free fix for tearing apart the entire passenger side underdash area. :-\

• 4 years later...

I hope to find that online fuse in my 1984 GL Wagon that I have heard about. It is really getting harder for me to contort myself under the dash but I am hoping on this to be the culprit! Well, no sign of that fuse so hopefully no foul weather to warrant the blower's use though the fan helps when hot inside!

Edited by lrgvanman