Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My 94 Isuzu Amigo

Yes I bought it.. cant go wrong for $250.

Truck is awesome!! Took it out in the worst of the snow and it was so much fun. Best off.. I finally have my true lifted rig. Only downfall is the locking hubs. Its slow..noisy..had hail damage.. and some rust..nothing major....its PERFECT ( to me)

New Exhaust, fuel lines, and 32 inch tires!! Its a 5 spd too!!!!

Cant wait for it to warm up now so I can take the top off.

Christmas2009022.jpg

Christmas2009023.jpg

Christmas2009024.jpg

I dont care what any y'all say bad about them.. I really love this thing. Oh .. it has air suspension in the back and needed topped off when I took the pics cause it had been sitting in the garage since Aug.

I had an isuzu pup and man it was a good lil truck but man it rusted so bad on the frame one good hard smack and it would snap in half. Mine had 33inch tires on it though. The HGs like to go on these as well. Looks nice though, get some more agressive tires and youve got a good offroad rig.

I prolly wont offroad it..if I do it wont be much.I am using it to keep miles off the Impreza. Its got 110K miles on it..and my friend already compression tested and all and said the motor is 100%. Its a good runner thats for sure. I am happy with it...especially for the price..how can you go wrong?

As for rust..LOL.. We drive Subarus.. isnt that almost implied in the name (Subarust?):)And come on...we just ended up having a new frame put under my husbands 2001 Toyota..

I didnt think I would like it as much as I do. If it survives this winter I may invest some into it.

OH Beast.. I believe it does have the dana 44.. I know its heavy Duty.. been to cold to really get into it right now.

Edited by Bucky92

• 3 weeks later...

Hey thats pretty cool! Looks nice with the lift and tires.

Are the hub lockers automatic, or do you have to turn them by hand? They make kits for auto lockers when it engauges into 4WD :)

I would have to change it to a hardtop though, still sweet for $ two fidy!

-TJD

Edited by TheLoyale

They just seem to be pretty rare everywhere..especially the early models like mine.

Tumble purrs like a kitten..doesnt burn any oil..and even with the big tires...gets damn decent gas mileage.

I will keep my soft top... I happen to prefer it..even on Jeeps. Its not that noisy and only takes a minute to remove and put back on. Plus its just me beater car..I am not planning on putting any real money into it..just normal wear items.