Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Fuel Injector Problems

So my other car is a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee. It's a pretty nice ride - 4.7 liter V8, lots of bells and whistles that i probably will never use.

Recently, its been doing some pretty weird things. Console screen in the center headliner (the mini screen) has been reporting some interesting errors. For example: "Memory seat diabled" "vehicle not in park" etc. These errors I'm not too concerned about, kind've annoying, but I can deal.

My actual question is - occasionally i get an Injector Error. I plug in the ODBII code reader in and it reads Injectors 2,4,8 as bad/faulty. I clear the error, its fine. The engine runs great until i get a code error, then it runs like crap. I Plug the reader in, clear the code, engine runs great again. Now, naturally i would just replace the injectors and get on with my life but 3 Injectors on the same side going out at the same time? The car does not backfire at all, and it runs like crap but not like 3 injectors on the same side going out crap. does that make sense?

I've tried fuel additive, Injector cleaner, lots of stuff to try and clean the system out. the error has gone out by itself. but comes back. Mostly when I'm cruising 60-63mph.

Another question - The Jeep has 195k on the engine. It didn't start doing this funky errors untill around 192-194k mark. Could it be that i need to replace the timing chain? it could be spraying the fuel at the wrong time and the computer thinks its faulty?

i hope this makes sense.. i was trying to type this as it was rattling out my mouth :lol:

-Justin