Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brat project finished!

Stock suspension. I bought it so that in a few years I can do a full STi swap (when I have a little more money to throw around). Lifting them don't do anything for me as I pretty much keep to the city and use my car for road travel. This has already made the 36 hour round trip to and from FL to NJ, so it's looking pretty good for being a reliable daily driver for the next couple of years.

This whole thing was rehabbed and the use of this forum made it a lot easier. The rust repair n the rear wheel wells were especially easy to repair thanks to all the other articles and pictures posted from other threads. Next I need to rewire the headlights to try and make them a little brighter.

Thanks for the help guys!

B&R of course haha. The bottom of the stripe has a silver pinstripe we ran down it. It really cleans up the edges where it's cut uneven in a few spots and gives it a more finished look. Also matches the silver powdercoat on the wheels. :)

• 2 years later...
Bought this 1986 Brat by my place in Tampa. Took it to my parents' in NJ on Dec 15th and finished it about a week ago. More details can be posted later, but wanted to get the album up! It's good to have family with a shop and complete Subaru knowledge... :banana:

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b29/gwsteven/1986%20Subaru%20Brat/

Great job!! Looks very nice. Take good care of it from here on. Brats are getting hard to come by these days.

Here are some pictures of my Subaru I recently finished.

http://s1275.beta.photobucket.com/user/cespo77/library/