Ultimate Subaru Message Board

5 Lug Swap Parts List

Please do not respond. I am putting this up so people can find it in searches. The last one had to be gassed because it got way off topic. Mods... is there a way you can lock this thread?

If you have questions on specific matters regarding why these parts are the parts to use, if you think any of this information is incorrect, flawed, or downright absurd. Please PM me or email me. If I missed something.. please PM or email me!

For the front of the car, you will need to change: Struts, lower control arms, spindles, brakes (calipers, rotors), hubs, and tie rod ends.

For the rear, you will need: Backing plates, hubs, and rotors.

Now I will break down which donor cars you can get the parts from.

Front stuff:

Lower control arms - XT6 2wd/4wd (the ball joint that fits in the right spindle is too big to fit in the stock arm) If using 2wd XT6 arms, please be advised there *may* be an issue mounting it to the crossmember. Hondasucks encountered trouble, I however did not.

Spindle - XT6 2wd/4wd and GC8 Impreza

Struts - XT6 2wd and GC8 Impreza (note that if putting imprezza struts onto the XT6 spindle, it is advised to grind the spindle down slightly for ease of fitment)

Tie Rod ends - XT6 2wd/4wd

Rotors - XT6 2wd/4wd and GC8 Impreza (please match rotors to which spindle you use)

Calipers - XT6 2wd/4wd (even if you use the GC8 rotors, the calipers are identical, aside from the XT6's still have the ebrake in the front)

Hub - XT6 and GC8 Impreza (please match hub to which spindle you use)

Rear stuff:

Hub - XT6 4wd

Backing plate - XT6 2wd or 4wd (2wd requires modification)

Rotor - XT6 4wd

Calipers - XT6 or EA82 (they are identical, you can reuse your old ones if you have rear discs)

There is the list. Again, if you have any questions, or feel that any of this information is wrong or misleading, please PM or email me.

Thanks.