Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Kudos To This Board!!

Just wanted to say thanks for a great board! I never knew there were so many Subaru fans.

I just searched for one because my sisters '82 GLF has some very bad habits. I did a few searches of the board and it led to the fix.

The problem;

It would start cutting out on acceleration just as if it were running out of gas. I took it up a steep hill only to have it die and not restart until I backed it down to level ground. This had me thinking float problem in the carb.

Then I did a search on here and found out there is a fuel filter next to the fuel pump. I changed it and now cruise up that hill.

Now I need to find that tranny regulator to fix the shifting problem (will shift manually). I read on here about that too but having problem locating it, but I'll post that another time.

Again, thanks for the wealth of info from this great board!

Yeah, you can find a lot of the fixes for stuff by clicking the button that says USRM at the top of the page. That's the Ultimate Subaru Repair Manual.

Coos County huh? Far from Coos Bay?? I get over to the dunes usually twice a year. That Brat loves the sand out there. Gonna be out there for the Memorial Day weekend (as we do every year), I know it's a ways away, but your welcome to join us.